Favorite band?

There's a thin line between rock and metal and sometimes depending on your POV is not even there. BTW Pink Floyd is not just rock is progressive rock so you see, is not as simple as you pointed, not for me at least.

There's a thin line between rock and metal and sometimes depending on your POV is not even there. BTW Pink Floyd is not just rock is progressive rock so you see, is not as simple as you pointed, not for me at least.

I use the term "rock" loosely and in general... not any specific genre within Rock... so like i said PINK FLOYD!! :kickass:

kiss-logo.jpg

Well, VanHalen, Motley Crue and the Scorpions were all commercial metal bands, Kiss and Led Zeppelin(at times) were proto metal, so nothing like going out on a limb people... :heh:

props to the person who said Steely Dan, definantly no connection to hardrock or metal excluding maybe Reelin in the Years which rocked pretty hard abit on the progressive side. Steely Dan would be one of my choices for favorite non metal bands

However Savatage usually rates highest on my list when I have to narrow it down and choose so I have to say no, my favorite bands are definantly progressive metal

Well, probably Van Halen but they're really more metal than not. Some of my largest non-metal collections would be - Dead Can Dance, Siouxsie & the Banshees, VNV Nation...