Favorite Drum Samples

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
Hey guys wassup, I haven't gotten on here in forever.
I'm in the market for some new drum samples free or paid
Wondering what some of your favorite or most used samples or sample libraries are?

I like the Nashville Series, but that's just cuz I made em. :) Link in my sig.

Kick A and the Playground Snare layered under a well-recorded kit is just money. Well worth buying.

I think I have some snare and kick samples that you posted up for free a few years back that I find myself reaching for quite a bit, as well.

http://seraphrecordings.com/samples CJ's one shots and death kicks are essentials imo..

nuff said :headbang:

Thanks so much man! =D

I'm digging the CLA pack for Trigger a TON, Nashville series gets a lot of use here, as well as a lot of Peters' samples that are also available on the same page as my Death SNR's + KICKS.

If you're looking for something NEW and if you're into BLENDING different samples to create a Frankensample, my "DEATH KICKS" are great for that (not to mention you get !28! different, multi-sampled kicks for $20. =D

The DEATH SNR's are great for augmenting whatever SNR sound you currently have, but when it's missing JUST a bit of punch, smack, violence, etc... pick one, blend it on and BAM. SNR sound becomes solid as a rock. =D

Nooby question, but does anyone know how to actually use these? Could I just splice the large .wav files into individual hits and somehow use a Reaper vst program to trigger them through EZ Drummer or something?

I use Metal Machine for most things, just cause it's easy to throw it on there and go, but once I start getting into some serious mixing, I'll throw on either S2.0 w/ Avatar and Metal Foundry mixed, or SSD4 w/ a CLA set loaded, then I'll replace or mix in Room Sound or Nashville samples. If I'm working with live drums, I'll use Trigger and replace with Room Sound, Nashville or CLA, depending on the sound I'm goin for.

Death kicks [Panzer] + Death Snares [Claymore] are what I've been using heaps of lately. Slate samples for Trigger get a bit of a work out too.

Thanks for the praise guys, glad you're getting mileage out of my stuff! Means the world to me as that was my whole point in putting those packs together. For EVERYONE to enjoy! =D