Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Black Sabbath

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Dio

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
Black Sabbath, just because "Heaven and Hell" and "The Mob Rules" are timeless examples of Heavy Fucking Metal. "Dehumanizer" is underrated as well.

Rainbow, Elf, and his solo band are all indisputable classic Rock and Metal projects, but those two Sabbath albums beat them out.

Dio is my favorite. I love his work with Sabbath and Rainbow too and there are some incredible records there. I am not too familair with Elf and have only heard a small portion of that music.

Dio is unlucky - he has one of the best voices in metal, but IMO he's never had the music to back it up consistently. "Heaven and Hell" is a good album, so is "Rainbow Rising" - but he's not like Halford or Dickinson for example who have a huge catalogue of classic albums behind them.

Stormwatch said:
Dio is unlucky - he has one of the best voices in metal, but IMO he's never had the music to back it up consistently. "Heaven and Hell" is a good album, so is "Rainbow Rising" - but he's not like Halford or Dickinson for example who have a huge catalogue of classic albums behind them.

What? I think all of Dio's Rainbow and Sabbath albums are classics, along with his first few solo albums + Magica which is awesome.

Stormwatch said:

I agree, Maiden and Priest had great guitar riffs and music that carried the mood of the lyrics,storyline and also the mood of each track.

I didnt really like Rainbow that much.
Dio and the other members of Elf made Rainbow tolerable.
Ritchie Blackmore kept me from ever liking them enough to buy albums.
Rainbow with RB is like listening Thin Lizzy w/o Phil Lynott.

Iommi called the shots in Sabbath.
Dio had to collaborate with Blackmore in Rainbow
Dio is better on his own imo,and will be able to create a broader variety of music.