Favorite shows canceled...

Sorrell

APT Guitarist/vocalist
Jan 3, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.myspace.com
BE WARNED! This may not be for sensitive, easily butt-hurt readers.

I just found out that "Dirt" and "The Riches" have both been canceled. These were my 2 favorite (new) TV shows. They were both on the FX network and they couldn't afford to keep them on, due to week ratings.

They were two of the smartest shows I'd seen in years. They were well written, amazingly well acted etc. So, of course they were doomed!

If they had been "reality based", pre-scripted bullshit about some spoiled-rotten little whore just trying to make it through another day of being famous, for absolutely nothing more than lifting tail, and generally being little more than a fuck-hole, they'd still be on!

FUCK REALITY TV!!!!!!!! :yell: There, I said it. If I wanted reality, I'd turn off the TV and go outside! I watch TV to avoid both reality and contact with real humans!

Now, that being said; If LOST gets canceled, I'm going on a killing spree. Reality TV stars beware.

Gawd damn I need to get a life...

How did it come to this?

SS

I hear ya, I was way into "My Own Worst Enemy" with Christian Slater and it got canned... It happens to me every year... lame... It make no sense to me how they pull shows so quickly. Do they think another new show will do better in the ratings? Give a show at least a couple seasons to find an audience. And some of the shows they keep? they suck!

I hear ya dude. Reality TV has come to dominate the airwaves. It's a sure sign of the decline of humanity. Every time I see a show like "The Hills" (which my GF loves by the way), I want to puke. I call those shows "Pretty People With Problems", and I could give a fuck if they all disappeared tomorrow.

Arrested Development, one of my favorite shows, was canceled a couple of years ago. God forbid you actually have a show with actual CONTENT on TV.o_O

~B

I've got the perfect solution to a huge chunk of what's ailing our country. Get all those Reality Show fuckers...Simon, Paula etc. (they're all the same) line them up and have people line up to bitch slap em for $100 a smack to go to paying off the National debt. I'd get in line at least 5 times for Paris Hilton :puke: alone and within no time we're riding a national surplus, interest rates are 2%, everyone wins. I can't believe Obama hasn't called me about one of his last Economic team slots. Oh well!

I feel ya, Steve...the selection of entertaining television shows is getting smaller and smaller. I was up visiting my sister a few weeks ago, and after my 17 year old nephew finally taught me how to use the remote, and flipping through insane amounts of channels and finding nothing, he said, "You're the only person I've ever seen actually stop on educational television."

Okay, so t.v. isn't my first love. But I get the whole escapism thing. Stewart/Colbert help me out with that. And music, of course.

P.S. Hey, Arrowheadian, can I bitch slap Paula and make out with Simon? That would be cool.

I'd get in line at least 5 times for Paris Hilton :puke:

I heard that!!!:headbang:

Between her and that Kardashian cum-receptical, I'd rather hear gun shots from my parents bedroom than watch the E network these days. What a waste of fucking time!

I do have to admit though...I'm still a sucker for American Idol. I wish it wasn't true. I have to shower like a rape victim after every episode, but it doesn't stop me.

I'm such a tool.

SS

Remember the show about football teams and they showed the dirty side of the NFL , steriods , injecting urine in through your penis to pass drug tests etc .. the NFL had the clout to have the show pulled , Dirt fell under the same axing , people at magazines like Star, Enquirer , Perez Hilton called in favors and from what I understand ( from a writer freind in Hollywood) had it canned , the ratings were good but the writers strike sorta killed it , plus cox wants to produce more shows so for a carreer move it was better to " play the Game"

Officially :

The cancellation doesn’t come as a total surprise. Dirt’s ratings slipped in season two and the season (now series) finale attracted just over a million viewers. On top of that, castmember Ryan Eggold signed onto the CW’s new 90210 series and Alex Breckenridge’s committed to CBS’ The Ex List series which debuts in the fall.

The Riches lost money due to cost over rides.

The final half of the final season of my favorite show starts later this month. "Battlestar Galactica" on the SciFi channel. I hate to see it go, but the writers want to make sure it ends the way it should before it "jumps the shark" so to speak.
As far as reality television goes, the only show I watch with any regularity is American Idol. I would not shed any tears, however, if it, and every other reality show on television suddenly vanished permanently.
I miss "Friends." Thankfully, I have all 10 seasons on DVD.

Robby

Remember the show about football teams and they should the dirty side of the NFL , steriods , injecting urine in through your penis to pass drug tests etc .. the NFL had the clout to have the show pulled , Dirt fell under the same axing , people at magazines like Star, Enquirer , Perez Hilton called in favors and from what I understand ( from a writer freind in Hollywood) had it canned , the ratings were good but the writers strike sorta killed it , plus cox wants to produce more shows so for a carreer move it was better to " play the Game"

WOW! That's some wild shit. That's what I mean; A show that actually has something to say, is doomed to receive the axe.

SS