Favorite Swede guitar duo

Your favorite Swede guitar duo.

• Jesper Strömblad/Björn Gelotte (In Flames)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Peter Wichers/Ola Frenning (Soilwork)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Anders Björler/Martin Larsson (At The Gates)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mikael Åkerfeldt/Peter Lindgren (Opeth)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Fredrik Thordendal/Marten Hagström (Meshuggah)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Michael Amott/Chistopher Amott (Arch Enemy)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Jesper Strömblad/Glenn Ljungström (old In Flames)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Cool thread, tough one though...

I'd say Jesper and Bjorn are tied with Michael and Christopher, but Peter and Mikael and Anders and Martin are/were amazing as well. Ahh my brain hurts...

Anyway my vote goes for Jesper and Bjorn.

I gave my vote to Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning of Soilwork. I love their shared leads the most and they have great melodies and hooks. The backing riffs/rhythms on the solo's are so awesome. They have the gift (mainly Peter due to him writing more than Ola except I think on A Predators Portrait, Peter and Ola co-wrote pretty much every track) of writing such great melodic, catcy riffs. The way they switch leads and play together in perfect melody is so amazing. The Amott brothers are another great team. Even though Opeth is my favorite band, I couldn't cast my vote for them because Peter doesn't seem to get a lot of leads. He gets some leads here and there and he does play certain solos as well. I also really like the them of Jesper Strömblad and Björn Gelotte, too. Meshuggah's amazing with their odd time signatures, but they aren't as good as the others. Anders and Martin were an ok team, Anders seemed to have played more leads and I think all or most of the solos. The old In Flames team was pretty good as well, I believe. I only own Whoracle and I've heard about half of The Jester Race which I should be getting soon. Keep in mind, I'm judging on team work, not quality, because all of these teams keep a lot of ass.

The guys from Soilwork can play, but they write shitty guitar riffs..

I'd say none of the above
Tervonen/Sunnesson (The Crown)
Thrashy, touch of black metal, rockin' leads....

Jesper and Glenn

The Opeth boys, but had Figure Number Five never been released I might have been inclined to say Soilwork, even though I like Opeth much more overall.