favourite episode of "The Simpsons"

HoserHellspawn

Pixel Manipulator
May 1, 2001
Vancouver, Canada
hosergraphics.cjb.net
Mine has to be "Cape Feare", the one where The Simpsons enter the Witness Relocation Program as Sideshow Bob is paroled from prison, steps on many rakes and sings the entire score of the HMS Pinafore.

"Isn't it true that you have a tattoo on your chest that says 'Die Bart, Die'?"
"Nooo... that's German for 'The Bart, the'."
"Well, nobody who speaks German could be an evil man."
"Parole Granted!"

The one when homer has a heart attack...mostly because it had Dr. Nick in it alot...

PA: "Dr. Nick to the coroner's office"
Dr. Nick "Not that guy again, i'm sick of him"

and homer filling out his medical insurance form

Clerk: "Where it says heart attacks you've put 3, crossed it out and then put 0"
Homer: (taping his head and talking very slowly) "I though it said brain haemorrhage"

the 3D one is really cool, so it is stonecutters and james bond episode...in fact their pretty damn good...

Yeah, the 3D episode was weird. The ending was nuts with the mix of cartoon and real life. I liked the world beyond the bookcase or whatever that piece of furniture was. That was nutty for the Simpsons.

Principle Skinners mum makes me laugh when she says stuff like "You're failing again Seymour......What is it about you and failure?"

THE X FILES ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the Carnies and their carnie code:D , when Homer is on the lie detector and Scully asks if he understands what it is, Homer says yes and it blows up, and well everything in them episodes are great.

i just recently got into Family Guy and wow! watch it, i never thought id say it about any cartoon thingy but at points in the episodes its funnier than the Simpsons:err: . so watch it now.

First let's get one thing straight, Family Guy is no where near as funny or intelligent as The Simpsons, don't even compare the two, The Simpsons has done evrything that show has done and then some, not to mention The Sipmsons has done it much much better, anywho, for me it is impossible to pick a favorite episode, their are just too many great ones to choose from. How about this quote.

..."your the richest guy I know Mr. Burns, way richer than Lenny." -Homer

"Yes, but I'd trade it all for a little more." -Mr. Burns

First let's get one thing straight, Family Guy is no where near as funny or intelligent as The Simpsons, don't even compare the two

haven't you seen family guy? obviously it isn't as good as the simpsons but there are great jokes in there that are of Simpsons standard like when they watch an advert and the man drinks beer and suddenly women start coming up to him in bikinis. and then the voice over says ''drink our beer and hot women will have sex on your lawn'' ;) :D . thats a joke you usually see on the simpsons and there are other great jokes too. of course the simpsons is better but family guy is great

I love the one when they go to the “Itchy and Scratchy Land” amusement park. It starts out with the kids begging their parents to go, and at one point Lisa drags part in on a wagon and yells “Bart’s DEAD!” Homer and Marge both sit up shocked, and Bart goes “That’s right, Dead serious about going to Itchy and Scratchy Land!”

Later, the best part of the episode, Homer takes a short-cut. It cuts forward as they pull into the amusement park, with missiles all in their car, a wooden wagon wheel, and overall the car is just torn apart. As they pull into the parking lot, Homer, in this official voice says “Let us never speak of the short cut again”

I LOVE IT..

A friend of mine has been trying to get me to see that show, The Family Guy. She loves the way they use things that people recall from the 80's or even further back. Or how they add in other cartoons at random all the time. I have to check it out. I keep forgetting when it's on though.

family guy is great and so is futurama...i'm actually starting to get bored of the simpsons now (mostly cause i've seen most of the episodes so many times)...Stuie the evil baby in family guy is the best cartoon character ever, esp. when hes trying to make the weather machine to kill all the brocolli...

The best Simpsons episode has got to be the one where they go to the mountains for the teamwork camp thingy. It has so many great lines (that have become part of my daily vocabulary, sadly enough) such as the scene in which Bart and Lisa are playing with the Smokey the Bear machine.

Smokey: "Only WHO can prevent forest fires?"
*Bart pushes you*
Smokey: "You pushed you, referring to me, that is incorrect. The correct answer is YOU."

Or the rocket house bit!

Homer: "Oh lord, please protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house."

Or...

Park Ranger: "This chairlift will give us a bird's eye view of the area... directly beneath the chairlift."

I could go on forever but I'm sure most of you wouldn't appreciate that :)

I haven't watched the Simpsons in ages but an episode that sticks out in my mind as being really funny was when Homer has that really huge sandwich and wont throw it away even after it gets all green and rancid.