Favourite song on Casting The Stones?

Everyone really seems to like Precipice a lot. It's a good song, but I think my favoriite is definitely Achilles. Then probably Battered and Bruised... and the Mission. Ok, I quit.

And the Tempest too

I think the songs are very balanced, making it hard to choose "the one". My favorite vocal melodies are Achilles and The Harkening, and by the way that waltz/solo of The Harkening is awesome. But concerning the songs overall I like Battered And Bruised a lot (mainly the ending vocal lines), Precipice, Vigilant...

The HIGH level of the songs makes difficult to choose only one or two...
Uncounting Feast Or Famine (a instant classic), I choose Starlight's Fury, Tempest, and Cold.
I like very much of Cold, although I read in a website that this song is the "weak point" of the album...I totally don't believe that someone could say that shit!! Is a f***ing great song!
I'd like to see someone agree with me!

Marcus Filipe said:
I like very much of Cold, although I read in a website that this song is the "weak point" of the album...I totally don't believe that someone could say that shit!!

Mark Briody said that (or that he doesn't like the song).
And I agree with him. By far the weakest track on CTS IMHO.

Meh. It is definitely the weakest, but I don't think that is too terrible. I myself find it a very catchy song. I get it stuck in my head a lot, despite its rather strange, repetitive lyrics. It just seems to really stand out, and I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Avalanche9601 said:
Meh. It is definitely the weakest, but I don't think that is too terrible. I myself find it a very catchy song. I get it stuck in my head a lot, despite its rather strange, repetitive lyrics. It just seems to really stand out, and I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Right. Cold is a pretty good song, it is just weaker than anything else on CTS.

The two best songs are the two they made available for download: Legion Immortal and Battered And Bruised.

As for Cold, by far the weakest. It, to me, just sounds like cheesey early 90's metal.

Finally, I'm worried about Avalanche9601. Such and angry young man dropping F's on his signature to everything and everyone. Take up gardening and sip some herbal tea! Go Raiders (NFL Draft 2005 baby!)!

As for Cold, by far the weakest. It, to me, just sounds like cheesey early 90's metal.

Those were the words I was searching for, but too tired to come up with.

Finally, I'm worried about Avalanche9601. Such and angry young man dropping F's on his signature to everything and everyone. Take up gardening and sip some herbal tea! Go Raiders (NFL Draft 2005 baby!)!

Hehe. Hey I never said anything about the Sens, you know. Personally I think you're just looking for an outlet to vent your frusterations after losing to the Laughs every year. :p

Seriously though, don't be jealous just cause Al Davis and friends couldn't make the playoffs only to be man handled by a vastly superior team. Not that I'd know what that's like...

So Aias, are you totally sick and tired of the lockout yet? I can't stand to hear about it anymore, makes me sick.

Avalanche9601 said:
Those were the words I was searching for, but too tired to come up with.

Hehe. Hey I never said anything about the Sens, you know. Personally I think you're just looking for an outlet to vent your frusterations after losing to the Laughs every year. :p

Seriously though, don't be jealous just cause Al Davis and friends couldn't make the playoffs only to be man handled by a vastly superior team. Not that I'd know what that's like...

So Aias, are you totally sick and tired of the lockout yet? I can't stand to hear about it anymore, makes me sick.

I really thought this could be the Senators' year. Hasek in goal, the emergence of Spezza, etc. Sadly, this year is gone. I did like the obit the guy from Ontario had in the paper calling out Bettman and Goodenow. http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/01/21/hockey-obit050121.html

Tempest!!! :loco:

Actually I like them all, even "Cold" that Mark and many people can not stand hehe.
Mmm maybe I would rate "The Hearkening" a bit lower than the rest, but "Feast or Famine", "The Mission", "Starlight's Fury", "Battered and Bruised" and "Precipice" always put me in sing-a-long mode.

(Sorry for popping these "old" threads up folks, I've been away from the board for a while, but I think it doesn't hurt talking about the record again, does it?)

I can honestly say I haven't a clue? :cool: I'm not sucking up to Mark or the guys either. I think CTS is a very solid release from start to finish and whenever I listen to it (often) I never skip to another song but rather let it play.....it's that good IMO:cool:

It's up there in my 10 top releases of all time and it reminds me alot of Exodus's "Tempo Of The Damned" in that from start to finish it pins you back and kicks your ass! \m/ :headbang:

For some reason I thought 'Cold' was a cover. I swear i've heard the lyrics before...

1. Vigilant
2. Battered & Bruised
3. Tempest