Fear Factory broke up

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Everyone probably knows by now, but Fear Factory broke up :cry:

Its disappointing because Digimortal was up there with Violent Revolution, Horror Show and God Hates Us All as my fave cd from last year. I was really looking forward to their next cd.

Apparently Burton didnt feel like being a singer in an extreme metal band anymore, and he and Dino hadnt been talking to each other for months (I dont know what over though) and when Burton told them all he was quitting, the rest of the guys decided not to carry on.

Anyways, Fear Factory ruled :hotjump:

And so I wave them goodbye :wave:

Maybe Burton kept eating the last donut or something? Dino wouldn't like that.

I thought Digimortal sucked arse, but the old stuff was very good. Hmmm they seemed to enjoy themselves onstage too. :(

I'm glad they split up before they continued the downward spiral into the mire of mediocrity. Sorry Spawny, but comparing 'Digimortal' to 'Demanufacture' is like comparing 'Reload' to 'Master of Puppets', or 'Virtual XI' to 'The Number of the Beast'. I doubt they would have lasted much longer as a major influence in any case. They had their run, and it was good.

Originally posted by Winmar
Maybe Burton kept eating the last donut or something? Dino wouldn't like that.

:lol:

I think Demanufacture is SO overrated! I dont get what the big deal about that album is :confused:
They did seem to be coming to the end of their run though, I agree with you there, they pretty much played out every "man vs. machine" cliche there was, there wasnt much left for them to do. It still sucks though :(

Don't know much about FF , but Burton was Vox on Gezzer Butlers solo thing Black Science , quite liked the lad on that. From what I know FF had an industrial type sound (fuk I had tags) .
Those in the know would you agree??

I think Industrial Electronica Metal would be the best tag for them, they have a pretty distinct sound, you wouldnt ever mistake them for someone else, thats for sure!

If you get bored, go buy Digimortal, its great :)