Fear Factory News

Yetti

Oct 29, 2002
Amerika
Visit site
Exclusive Fear Factory Update - 14.11.2003

If you're a Fear Factory fan, you'll likely have noticed that their official site www.FearFactory.com is down right now. Not much news has been reported on them lately. All gone quiet on the FF front.

We dropped Christian a line and asked him what's up and what's new.... new band member, album title, touring plans, new songs (& titles), new website, and more.... here's his exclusive report.

"Everything is going great! We just finished tracking 14 songs at Rumbo Recorders in LA.
This is where Guns N Roses recorded all their albums! The studio had a great vibe. A lot of history in this place! Roy Orbison still wanders thru the hallways!

I must say this was the smoothest record we have ever recorded. We tracked the whole thing in 28 days! The record is called "Archetype" and was produced by FF ourselves. We used Ken Marshall (Skinny Puppy) to engineer and record the album.
Another Canadian!! LOL!

Currently I'm finishing up programming and keyboards with Rhys Fulber, Steve Tushar and John Bechdel. We will start mixing on the first of December in Vancouver with Ken Marshall. I must say this is a pretty heavy classic FF album and our hardcore fans will be pleased!

No watered down songs, no stripped parts...blah blah blah...Just brutal Fear Factory!!!! Raymond has especially pushed the bar in Metal drumming to the next level!!!! The drums on this record make Demanufacture for beginners!!!! LOL....

I played all the guitars and bass on the album and we will start rehearsing with Byron Strout (Strapping Young Lad) on bass guitar in December. He will be our bass player for FF. I feel Byron has the perfect mentality for FF and he's a cool motherfucker!!!! And he's from Canada!!!! What's up with all them Canucks!!!!! LOL!

We will be touring with Korn and Static-X in February which we're really excited about!! Both Static and Korn are longtime friends and I have nothing but respect for those guys! It's gonna be a great tour...and a great year for Fear Factory!

We feel this FF is stronger that ever..more hungry than ever....and most important of all....Burton, Ray and myself have become best friends in the last 2 years! We see and hang out more with each other now than we did in 10 years of touring!!! It feels truly amazing!!!!!

The website is under construction. We are doing a better site at the moment!

Tracklisting

Slave Labor
Cyberwaste
Act of god
Default Judgement
Corporate Cloning
Archetype
Drones
Bite The Hand That Bleeds...
Bonescraper
Undercurrent
Human Shields
Ascencion (outro)

School "Nirvana cover" Bonus track

I played some for Ross Robinson and he looked at me saying this is the best work he's heard from FF yet. Rhys is saying similar things......

It feels good to be back!!!!!"

'Archetype' will be released by D3 in the USA, and by Roadrunner in Europe. A release date has tentatively been set for April 2004.

metal.gif
metal.gif
metal.gif

I have heard about the band, but never really cared about their music. Can you suggest me some good songs by them that I can download? :)

I downloaded demanufacture...its awesome! I loved the intro...how it gets fuckin heavy after the double bass part. I am downloading the other songs right now...

Magsec... that's a stupid rumor about the drums... I've heard the same thing about just about every one of their songs that have double bass. The song Obsolete doesn't even have any really fast parts, just a couple very short things that would be hard to do. Raymond was intense for back then but he doesn't compare to the level's of today's drummers... well we'll see anyhow.

When they said it was gonna be heavier than ever, and classic, and all that, I doubt it... espeically since they say they have nothing back respect for KORN and STATIC X. o_O Oh well... I like Fear Factory (well I like Obsolete, and most of Demanufacture and Digimortal), but the last song they put out, Terminate, didn't make me look forward to new things from these guys.

Yeah I know man.

But did you hear the demos of the new songs for Archetype? (there were 4, released a while ago temporarily)

It sounded like Fear Fucking Factory was back dude. Those really made me anticipate what they're coming out with

yeah they were up for about a week a while ago, then they just took 'em off for some reason.
They definitely got the fans going. There was a full blown forum going on for a while on FF.com because of them. I've tried to find them elsewhere after that but never did. They were small demos for 'Slave Labor' 'Archetype' 'Corporate Cloning' and the other one I don't remember the title and I don't recognize from the tracklist recently released.
They were fucking badass!! as I remember

Now that you've reminded me I'll try to look for them again.

MagSec4 said:
yeah they were up for about a week a while ago, then they just took 'em off for some reason.
They definitely got the fans going. There was a full blown forum going on for a while on FF.com because of them. I've tried to find them elsewhere after that but never did. They were small demos for 'Slave Labor' 'Archetype' 'Corporate Cloning' and the other one I don't remember the title and I don't recognize from the tracklist recently released.
They were fucking badass!! as I remember

Now that you've reminded me I'll try to look for them again.

PLEASE LOOK AGAIN!!!!!!!!