FEAR FACTORY - REPLICA - MIXING TEST - HELP

Jun 22, 2009
Spain
www.youtube.com
link is dead. Make sure you upload the file into your "Public" dropbox folder, then right-click and click save public link. Then paste that. Or use soundcloud.com instead.

Did you use a sim amp? Sounds a bit like it. The chugs are kind of fizzy sounding to me, the open chords dont sound too bad and actually alot like Dino's sound on the album, but that's the way it is with sims they dont handle muted stuff as well. Not really a fan of the arpeggiated tinkly synth sound (maybe just have the synth sound with no arp on it?) but I think the drums were decent. Would be fun to sing this.

I also noticed the mp3 was 128kbps. You might want to bounce down to a higher quality mp3 like 320kbps...it takes alot of clarity away from the guitars/overheads when it's so low.

Sounds pretty cool. The drums sound like they have delay? It's kind of weird to me, it's very distracting. Especially on the snare in the beginning, it's clouding everything up there and wherever the snare is busy. I really like the guitar tone though. Very Demanufacture sounding. If you turned the gain down a bit and added a little high-mid boost it would probably be right on.

Did you use a sim amp? Sounds a bit like it. The chugs are kind of fizzy sounding to me, the open chords dont sound too bad and actually alot like Dino's sound on the album, but that's the way it is with sims they dont handle muted stuff as well. Not really a fan of the arpeggiated tinkly synth sound (maybe just have the synth sound with no arp on it?) but I think the drums were decent. Would be fun to sing this.

I also noticed the mp3 was 128kbps. You might want to bounce down to a higher quality mp3 like 320kbps...it takes alot of clarity away from the guitars/overheads when it's so low.

Sorry for the delay in the response. I have used amp sim X50. For the moment i can´t used my amps for the recording. About arpeggiated, i have not understand the question, my level of english is low for the moment.
About mp3, you have much reason. In next recordings i will export the mp3 in cuality 320kbps.
Thank you very much for the comment and your help.
Grettings

Sounds pretty cool. The drums sound like they have delay? It's kind of weird to me, it's very distracting. Especially on the snare in the beginning, it's clouding everything up there and wherever the snare is busy. I really like the guitar tone though. Very Demanufacture sounding. If you turned the gain down a bit and added a little high-mid boost it would probably be right on.

Sorry for the delay in the response. The delay in the snare, i believe that is due for the midi line. I have that experiment whit the midi because i am starting whit the mixings and in this moment i have recently time. I will see the midi and see if i fix it. The impulse you mean is IR of the guitar right?

Thank you very much for the comment and your help.

Grettings.

Note:My level is low, I'm starting to mix. I think the secret of a good mix is ​​to know each instrument fit into your frequency. That's the main thing that I'm currently working, although there are many things I do not know and I have to learn to get a decent mix. Do you think that the frequencies are well? That has been my main concern in this recording and the recording of Devildriver that load up here.