Fellow guitarists, here's something...

Sep 25, 2001
What do you do to warm up your fingers before playing the guitar? (no lewd remarks please :D )

Here's a few finger twisters for you (dunno if it will turn out right with the font):

*the numbers below the chart correspond to your fingers*

E ------------------------------------
B ------------------------------------
G ------------------------------------
D ------------------------------------
A ---3---4-1---2-------4---5-2---3----
E -1---2-----3---4---2---3-----4---5--

...1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4...1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4

and so on until you reach the 12th fret
then you can try this, similar to the upper exercise but involves string skipping:

G -------4-1---------------5-2--------
D ---3---------2-------4---------3----
A -----2-----3-----------3-----4------
E -1-------------4---2-------------5--

...1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4...1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4

Breakers eh?

you know whats really really good to get your fingers going? Saber Dance by dave Edmunds. it's really really hard but it gets your speed up really good. its not so much a warm up song, though. i just like some gentle improvising in either c, d or g to warm up. they also don't require much thought anymore! :)

Originally posted by Slash Freeman
you know whats really really good to get your fingers going? Saber Dance by dave Edmunds.

Where can I get tabs for it?

Not sure about tabs, i'll have a look for them. but if you can get your hands on a magasine called Guitar Techniques the May 2001 edition has the tab for it plus backing tracks and stuff for it. i'll have a look for it, though, and if i can't find it i could scan the tab and e-mail it to you. I'll just go check.... :)

Not sure about tabs, i'll have a look for them. but if you can get your hands on a magasine called Guitar Techniques the May 2001 edition has the tab for it plus backing tracks and stuff for it. i'll have a look for it, though, and if i can't find it i could scan the tab and e-mail it to you. I'll just go check.... :)

Cheers mate :D

Just because I am killing time before Seinfeld here's exercise no.3 similar to the first two :D

"The 403 Boogie Woogie" :D

G -------4-1---------------5-2--------
D -----3-----2-----------4-----3------
A ---2---------3-------3---------4----
E -1-------------4---2-------------5--

...1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4...1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

and so on until 12th fret (or whatever)

Sorry, mate. I'm having real trouble finding any tab for it on the net, and my scanners acting up. I've started typing it up from my copy of it in Guitar Techniques, but it's gonna take a while 'cos its so long. I'm getting there, though. :)

Once again, thanks!