Fiction sales

snuffcarl

Apr 23, 2007
Anybody got some chart positions for the album? It entered on a decent number 12 on the swedish one (one ahead of Markoolios latest release haha)

Hail Dt / Carl

Album came out on wednesday here in Finland and official Finnish chart is gathered from sales from wednesday to tuesday. So Fiction will be on Finnish chart next wednesday. I'm hoping Fiction's gonna be in top 10. :headbang:

Nearest store to myself (JB hi fi) that's supposed to have Fiction in stock NOW... does not. They're apparantely going to be calling me this weekend if it comes in. :cry:

In other words, I doubt there's been many sales in Australia yet next to pre-orders (or I maybe I've just been unlucky).

I am guessing that it is actually going to sell pretty well. Four people asking for something at my store is pretty good, considering that we don't get a lot of traffic since there is a huge HMV upstairs.

Nearest store to myself (JB hi fi) that's supposed to have Fiction in stock NOW... does not. They're apparantely going to be calling me this weekend if it comes in. :cry:

In other words, I doubt there's been many sales in Australia yet next to pre-orders (or I maybe I've just been unlucky).

I pre-ordered the autralian version on jbhifi online and they told me it's in backorder :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk:

According to Blabbermouth:

Dimmu Borgir's new album, "In Sorte Diaboli", has sold 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 43 on the Billboard chart. This is more than double the 6,400 first-week tally achieved by its predecessor, "Death Cult Armageddon", which came out in September 2003 and landed at position No. 169 on The Billboard 200 chart.

In other news, DARK TRANQUILLITY's new album, "Fiction", has sold 3,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

Dimmu Borgir's new album, "In Sorte Diaboli", has sold 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 43 on the Billboard chart. This is more than double the 6,400 first-week tally achieved by its predecessor, "Death Cult Armageddon", which came out in September 2003 and landed at position No. 169 on The Billboard 200 chart.

In other news, DARK TRANQUILLITY's new album, "Fiction", has sold 3,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

Does that account the fact that i'm sure a ton of people probably pre-ordered them through that offer on the DT site? I don't know if sales from another country counts or not(probably doesn't)

Fiction debutes at #19 on the finnish album charts http://www.yle.fi/lista/listat/albumit.php Higher than Character on it's first week (which was #30 I recall)..

:kickass:

afz902k said:

:lol: :zombie: :mad: Why doesn't that surprise me? US is so mainstream that Dimmu has sold nearly 5 times what DT has :rolleyes: . It has always been this way though, and I'd rather have it stay like that :headbang: .

i am now realizing why i cannot take seriously any band by the name of dimmu borgir - they sound like a revolutionary act from sardinia.

Fortunately for you, the amount of bands that go by that name hasn't drastically increased, lately.