Films and TV Shows

ChiefB

The Truth Seeker
Mar 14, 2003
Planet Earth
I just read the latest Empire Magazine and they mentioned that 24 Season 2 (Box Set) will be available in the UK on August 11th. That is one month before it comes out in the USA! It will also come with a bonus DVD of all the behind scenes plus commentaries by all the actors!

Has anyone seen The Hulk? Empire gave it a really good review 4/5. I would like to know what your thoughts are.

I saw The Recruit with Pacino and Farrell. Very average thriller. Pacino is really ageing, my God look at the state of his eyes, he looks a POW.

BASIC is just awful. Save your money.

Chief B

I still need to see season one of 24. Yet another purchased item that sits in its wrapping....one day I'll be selling stuff with the 'still unwrapped' moniker attached.

Haven't seen the Hulk - wouldn't mind seeing Pirates of the Carribean and Terminator 3. Otherwise I'm waiting for the next LOTR flick.

We did just finally get round to seeing Bourne Identity - that had some cool moments. Good car chase as well (what is it about Paris and car chases? First Diana, then Ronin, and now this). The car chase in Ronin is still the best ever though.

Tell you some cool films I watched the other day....Death Wish II & III. The latter is so totally cool! :D :cool:

Ayeka said:
Tell you some cool films I watched the other day....Death Wish II & III. The latter is so totally cool! :D :cool:

I haven't seen Death Wish 3 in probably 10 years, and almost as long since even thought about it. I remember loving that movie when I was a kid, Bronson shooting holes in punks with his giant gun... I'm gonna have to go rent it...

Thanks Ayeka!

You must see Pirates!!! Awesome movie, I can't wait for the DVD.

Still haven't purchased season one DVD for 24, someday. Any uneditted or bonus stuff worthwhile?

Am I the only one upset that only seasons 1 and 2 of the Simpsons are released on DVD?!?

EDIT: Just saw season 3 comes out 8/26, yay. :Spin:

NAD said:
Am I the only one upset that only seasons 1 and 2 of the Simpsons are released on DVD?!?

EDIT: Just saw season 3 comes out 8/26, yay. :Spin:

It's one of the biggest piles of horseshit of all time, the way they've fucked us with those Simpsons boxsets. The ridiculous delays are simply inexcusable.

On the other hand, Paramount did it right with the Star Trek boxsets. They released all 7 seasons of Next Generation last year, and by this years end, I'll have the entire DS9 run! :hotjump:

bloodfiredeath said:
It's one of the biggest piles of horseshit of all time, the way they've fucked us with those Simpsons boxsets. The ridiculous delays are simply inexcusable.
The only thing worse is the utter lack of Beavis and Butthead DVDs, that really pisses me off. I only know of two: the movie and the Time best of collection. Garbage.

While we're complaining, the X-files DVD boxsets are overpriced. :p

I would like a Curb Your Enthusiasm box set (not available yet). But you guys are right, most box sets are overpriced....if you wait a while, half.com sells everything cheaper.

bloodfiredeath said:
I haven't seen Death Wish 3 in probably 10 years, and almost as long since even thought about it. I remember loving that movie when I was a kid, Bronson shooting holes in punks with his giant gun... I'm gonna have to go rent it...

Thanks Ayeka!

No worries man, gofer it! We worship Paul Kersey round here now as a minor deity :cool:

Movies I'd like to see:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Terminator 3
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Spy Kids 3 in 3D (I can't help it! it's 3D!)
Whale Rider (although I know this ain't gonna happen - maybe when it's out on video)

Getting a babysitter is no easy task, so if anyone has seen any of these and can say that they're not worth it, please chime in. NAD already said Pirates was great, so hopefully we'll get to that one before it leaves the big screen.

haddsie said:
Spy Kids 3 in 3D (I can't help it! it's 3D!)

We haven't even seen Spy Kids 1 or 2....but this one's 3D!! There should be loads more movies in 3D. It's so retro. I mean, just look at Jaws 3D and Friday the 13th part 3!! It's like, you're really in the movie man! :tickled:

I just saw a magazine ad for yet another re-release of Night of the Living Dead....in 3D!

JayKeeley said:
We haven't even seen Spy Kids 1 or 2....but this one's 3D!! There should be loads more movies in 3D. It's so retro. I mean, just look at Jaws 3D and Friday the 13th part 3!! It's like, you're really in the movie man! :tickled:

I just saw a magazine ad for yet another re-release of Night of the Living Dead....in 3D!

Yeah, ha ha... there should be a mandate every "3rd" in a series should have to be made in 3D! We're too late for Terminator 3, but I guess there's still hope for some others:

X-Men 3 in 3D - that would be cool
Blade III in 3D - with real buckets of blood that they dump on you from the ceiling of the theatre!
Tomb Raider 3 in 3D - if you thought Angelina Jolie's jugs were big before, wait till you see them in 3D!! o_O

:lol: Can't say I've been watching that one, but it does look funny.

Blade 3D would RAWK!!!

Of course the 3D jugs would rock too. :kickass:

bloodfiredeath said:
So who's been watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? Man, that shit is hilarious...

Which network is that on?? Every time I hear about it, it sounds great, but I haven't seen it yet.

haddsie said:
Yeah, ha ha... there should be a mandate every "3rd" in a series should have to be made in 3D! We're too late for Terminator 3, but I guess there's still hope for some others:

[nerd mode on]
Actually, the third Terminator segment was a short movie shown only at Universal Studios (Florida) and was, in fact, made in 3D.
[nerd mode off]