Final mix tomorrow. How is it so far?

Not a fan of the drums. They sound like a clicky metronome with no personality to the playing. Additionally, there is no audible room/verb on them. Adding some size to the drums via a room mic track or some reverb is one of the most important ways you can add some atmosphere to a recording.

Something isn't sitting right. Either the guitars are too loud or the cymbals are too far back. Snare could use some verb on it as it sounds really dry. Kick has a little to much click for my taste. Guitar tone sits well with the track. Just a little more tweaking and you should be good.

drums sound like theyre straight out of the windows midi generator (i know that was probably a bit harsh but i am a sucker for natural drum tones), and the instruments cloud each other a bit, the mix is almost too wide, and the drums are way too upfront so the guitars sound buried behind them instead of fusing

Note to self:
Don't try mixing at the end of a day of tracking:Spin:

Thanks guys. Started from scratch this morning.
Sounds 100% better.
Will post a final mix later.

Dude I think that the guitars are awesome. The midrange is pure sex!lol The guitars are awesome but not for this kind of sound, it´s too agressive, too much mids and gain. Just my opinion. Btw, what amp did you use?

Thanks
The band wanted a modern sound even though the songs are pretty old school.
ESP Eclipse custom (left) and ESP MI NTB (right)>TS808>Triple Recto>Recto cab>57>API A2D.
Second layer (panned slightly in) as above but H&K triamp 2 instead of Recto.
Leads Eclipse to 6505.

Bass is too boomy and fights with the kick drum. I like the midrange of those guitars. Snare could use some more punch!

I will check the low end with fresh ears when I get a chance. Snare level is ok for me. They wanted a natural(ish) snare sound so there is lots of room mic.

Guitars are money. Don't touch em. I don't think the bass is boomy, I just think the kick needs to come up a little bit. Or maybe add a little 5k to it and give it a nice click and cut some of the 500hz honk to help separate it. The snare needs to be tightened up a little bit but that's just personal preference. Everything else sounds great. Sometimes I wander what some of these people are thinking on here...........

Thanks
Checked the low end and am happy enough with it (as are the band)
They absolutely didn't want a clicky kick.
Snare may need to come up a bit. We are doing final revisions in 2 weeks so I can look at it then.