Finally bought Revalver! Quick tone test

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
Haven't had a good enough play to test leads and what not, so the lead down the middle is still LePou's Solo C, but the rhyhthms are the 6505 model in Revalver.

Excuse the master, it's peaky as fuck but it's late and I've been up for an obscene amount of time :lol:

6505 Test

Will have more of a play around tomorrow and re-model one of my songs with it to really give it a run for its money!

It's catharsis 2off-preshi on the left, 1on-preshi on the right, quad tracked.
I like it, but on reflection it's a little thin. That's my fault for treating it the same as previous pre-amps though. It handles low end VERY well (just like the real thing) but because this was a rushed mix test before bed last night i just loaded on all the same EQ presets from my previous mixes which just took way too much "oomph" out of it. You really don't need to high=pass or cut any bass from Revalver, it's so well under control!

fuck, I need this plugin! :)

anybody own the PEAVEY REVALVER HP EDITION? enough sounds?

fuck, I need this plugin! :)

anybody own the PEAVEY REVALVER HP EDITION? enough sounds?

I had the hp edition for a while before upgrading tons of usable sounds, main reason I upgraded was you cant load other impulses into hp only the standard peavey ones, dont get me wrong the hp version is great but you will soon want to start loading other cabs for different flavours and variety, you can still tweak the internals change the tubes etc I was surprised that they didn't include the load other impulses feature, if you love the peavey amps and cabs its awesome but if you love the peavey amps but not the cabs get mk3, plus you get a load of other amps stomp boxes etc hope this helps man.:kickass:

ok, thanks a lot! :)

but i can use other software to load IRs... or is the method in revalver much better?

I HAVE the HP version man! That's what this clip is from! You just knock off the cab sim and use your own in the next VST slot! The only down side to HP is that it only has the Peavey amps (so no Mesa sim :( but nevermind!) and you can't tweak the circuitry, which doesn't bother me in the slightest as that doesn't really interest me TBH

I HAVE the HP version man! That's what this clip is from! You just knock off the cab sim and use your own in the next VST slot! The only down side to HP is that it only has the Peavey amps (so no Mesa sim :( but nevermind!) and you can't tweak the circuitry, which doesn't bother me in the slightest as that doesn't really interest me TBH

yep my mistake its revalver mk 3 that you can tweak the internals, duh, :kickass: it can get pretty interesting with this feature though, I just seem to create more noise and squealing ha ha, whats everyone using for loading impulses then?

Sounds fairly good Matt.
I wouldn't worry about the lack of Mesa sim, to be honest it's not that amazing (which seems to tie in with the current state of Rectifier amp sims, none of them seem totally convincing yet), so you're not missing out.
Revalver does Peavey sims best, as you'd expect, so it's a non issue not being able to use the Mesa sim IMO