Finishing up a mix - Groove/ Thrash thoughts?

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Gonna finish this baby up over the weekend. Really not sure how to feel about it. I love it and hate it haha, odd one for me! I'm never happy with my mixes! Having said that, the drums are basically almost sample free and I'm stoked about that. The snare is 10% reinforced and the kick 25%. Otherwise, all natural.

The guitars are Bogner Uberschall btw.

Cheers,
Chris

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ture Strip feat. Matt Young (King Parrot).mp3

Cheers guys! Glad you're liking it \m/ I'd like to get the lowend a little tighter overall before I'm done though, I think :)

Love the vibe of this mix! It's really high-mid-centric though. The guitars, snare and vocals all peak around there, and there's not much in the other regions. I'd bring the vocals down a touch (and de-ess them a touch), mayyybe give the guitars some more lows, definitely give the snare some more 200hz and bring the bass guitar up. Killer work with natural drums.

Love the vibe of this mix! It's really high-mid-centric though. The guitars, snare and vocals all peak around there, and there's not much in the other regions. I'd bring the vocals down a touch (and de-ess them a touch), mayyybe give the guitars some more lows, definitely give the snare some more 200hz and bring the bass guitar up. Killer work with natural drums.

Cheers dude, thanks for the feedback. The lows are definitely something I feel still need work, overall, guitars and other. I might dip a bit on the high mids as I get to it, but the work on filling out the lows might help drop that perception too :D