Finland Cancelled

Strangelight

steak(knife) no more
Jul 3, 2002
www.strangelight-records.com
FINLAND DATES CANCELLED
We've had to cancel the gigs in Finland as it became too risky for us with the cancellations and changes etc. We would have lost a lot of money and we cant afford to do that. I'm sorry that this has had to happen but it should have been sorted out long long ago.
cheers! :(

Strangelight said:
FINLAND DATES CANCELLED
We've had to cancel the gigs in Finland as it became too risky for us with the cancellations and changes etc. We would have lost a lot of money and we cant afford to do that. I'm sorry that this has had to happen but it should have been sorted out long long ago.
cheers! :(
Turku for Wed 24th and Helsinki for 25th were confirmed 100% sure ages ago. So, AT LEAST two gigs would have happened.
Also, it's not too nice to inform people about cancellation BEFORE telling me, the organizer, about it.
The Hämeenlinna cancellation was a setback, but I couldn't do anything about it. I tried to arrange the third gig in Tampere but the venue had some strange principles and rules concerning the ticket sales & prices, that it was not accepted by the band (also I thought it would've have been very risky financially). There would have been a third gig in Riihimäki on Sat 26th (90% sure, confirmation today but it seems unnecessary) to back up things, but...
I don't know about the Antimatter guys' personal financial situation, but we agreed a percentage deal of the ticket income for each gig and that's what was ok for the band even before I had booked any venues.
Anyway, all the best to the band and hope we can some day find out a way to mutual understanding in the matters of gig organization.

yours
Jussi Helenius
jussi@wchmetal.net

metalglory said:
Also, it's not too nice to inform people about cancellation BEFORE telling me, the organizer, about it.

Sorry but I mailed you first, before posting to anyone/anywhere else. Anyway, its happened and was out of our hands with the other cancellation and that.
No hard feelings anyway.

Strangelight said:
Sorry but I mailed you first, before posting to anyone/anywhere else. Anyway, its happened and was out of our hands with the other cancellation and that.
No hard feelings anyway.
Well, then we're talking about 1-2 hours maximum. I just happened to notice the news on cancellation at one Finnish message board right after I replied to your e-mail.
However, two gigs were 100% sure confirmed. Nothing can change that truth. :(

Relax... it's not as if it was a hot bird or something... fuck...

its bloody typical, isnt it?
When atlast a gig is near sweden it get canceled....faan...that ruined my day,hope to see you around sooner or later......

patience. in a few years antimatter will be big and that and do 250-gigs-a-year tours like maiden...

Crack Hitler said:
Easy for you to say, you've had the opportunity to see the guys. ah blah. I'm tired anyways. I'm gettin old 'cause I'm beaten after only two days of drinkin... :zzz:

Actually I see now it was a good idea to go to Greece. You know, Hungary is no better for a band financial-wise. I know nothing about the details but maybe it'll be called off or not even confirmed for Budapest either.