Fireball vs 6505

Well it's always good to have some versetility in your setup!

With that said, if you hadn't told me that they were two different amps then I wouldn't have noticed. It would have been better if you did the riff on one side with one amp, then the same riff on the other side with the other amp. Now it was really hard to compare them, since most of the time they are playing at the same time.

I definitely think they sound much different. The Fireball is very low-mid oriented, while the 6505 is the exact opposite.

Just depends on which you prefer I suppose. I'm sure both have their applications. I owned a Fireball once and I liked it a lot! I now have a 5150.

-Joe

They sounded amazing first off! I liked them both but I can see how the 6505 would have more potential.

So yeah, totally worth the cash dude!

It's pretty easy to tell they are two different amps, IMO. I forget which is which, and I'm too lazy to scroll up, but I like whatever is on the right side more, the left one has an odd high-end to it.

~006

got me a 5150 combo a month ago. the preamp tubes have gone microphonic, what kinda sucks if you want to record with impulses. still, in this clip you can really hear the difference between the 2 amps:

www.dargolf.de/fel/fireball.mp3
www.dargolf.de/fel/5150.mp3

(same impulse, LP, HP)
the fireball is way more scooped and has low mids. 5150 is opposite.
settings for mids: firball-3 o`clock, 5150-9 o`clock !!!

For everyone having trouble hearing the difference :heh: (Ok...my fault!)

Fireballvs6505Alternating

Same amp both sides, alternating between Fireball/6505, starting with the Fireball. I think now it's obvious they're different.

It's also interesting to see the difference in settings (I transferred the FB scale to the 6505's for clarity):

Fireball, channel B, bright off, depth off
pre 2, low 5, mid 8, high 6, presence 7, master 3.5

6505, Hi Gain, red
pre 5, low 2, mid 4, high 5, post 2.5, resonance 5, presence 8.5

Pic of settings

Noticeable:
low gain setting on the FB
loads of mid and still scooped sounding FB
hi presence setting on 6505
power of the 6505

In that last clip, I think the 5150 sounds almost lo-fi in comparison to the Fireball. I like how the Fireball came out in this clips, but I usually like most 5150 clips over Powerball/Fireball clips.