Firefest 2012 Update

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
FIREFEST 2012 UPDATE:

Firefest t-shirts are now on sale at the official site (www.firefestofficial.com). These include two design for men, and two for girls (including V-necks and vests) with full back print covering all three days. There is also an exclusive Firefest logo shirt that is exclusive to the website and won't be sold at the festival. These are the best t-shirts weve ever had, and are already selling extremely well. See online for all front and back-print designs.
Tickets: Saturday sold out. Only 30 tickets left for Friday, 40 for Sunday. Last chance Email fireworks.mag@ntlworld.com for ticket details.
Firefest 2012 Running Times - Running times for all bands have now been announced, and are as follows:

Friday October 19
Doors Open : 5.20pm
Lionville: 5.40pm 6.10pm
Dante Fox: 6.30pm 7.10pm
Ten: 7.30pm 8.20pm
Tyketto: 8.45pm 10pm

Saturday October 20
Doors Open : 12.30pm
Johnny Lima: 12.50pm 1.30pm
Work Of Art: 1.50pm 2.30pm
Robin Beck: 2.50pm 3.40pm
Santers: 4pm 5pm
XYZ: 5.20pm 6.25pm
Mitch Malloy: 6.45pm 7.55pm
Gotthard: 8.25pm 10pm

Sunday October 22
Doors Open: 12.30pm
Far Cry: 12.50pm 1.30pm
Fiona: 1.50pm 2.30pm
Brighton Rock: 2.50pm 3.40pm
Lillian Axe: 4pm 5pm
Xyz: 5.20pm 6.25pm
Stage Dolls: 6.45pm 7.55pm
Danger Danger: 8.25pm 10pm

I did have an eye on possibly going to this but unfortunately didn't in the end, bet it was a cracker!

Am I right in saying this has become a yearly event? If so I'll definitely keep my it in mind for next year.

Oh it was a cracking weekend indeed. Danger Danger's set brought it to a disappointing end, though. Too much pissing about and ballads, not enough rocking. Also they used a shitty backing track instead of a proper keyboard player. And Crazy Nights was played in a ridiculously low key. The guitarist's shirt looked cool though, as did his guitar.

XYZ were too heavy on the slow songs as well. They played all those acoustic songs in the middle and couldn't even play Blue Side of the Night. :mad:

It also really annoyed me that loads of people cleared out after Robin Beck's set on Saturday meaning Santers played to a half empty room. So many people deciding they had never heard of them and thus weren't bothering with. A shame as Santers are fucking awesome.

Oh and the toilets got blocked up as well. They call the venue Rock Shitty for a reason.

And I had to walk around with a big blue plaster on my face on the Sunday as I cut myself shaving.

Otherwise lots of fun. Best bands of the weekend were Santers, Brighton Rock, Ten, Lillian Axe and Tyketto. The merch stall was moved to the basement downstairs so there was more room to move around behind the sounddesk. It's also rather surreal seeing Pontus Norgren working as the sound engineer. It's part of the reason why I like to stand around there.

Next year is the 10th anniversary. Interesting to see what Kieran and co. might do about that.

Interesting stuff. Just out of curiosity, were Tyketto selling any of their Merch? I was incredibly surprised when I saw them in Sheffield to find out they didn't bring any Merch with them to sell!

Sorry, I don't know. I paid little attention to the merch stall. I only wanted a t-shirt and I bought that through the website.