First Post, First Mix

CruzControl

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2010
I'm producing an instrumental track. It's called Fire... sort of techno-ey meets metal-ish. I've been on here lurking the shit out of the forums for the last 6 months and I figured, what the fuck? Might as well join in the fun.

So... here it is, an excerpt from the track - the outro (imagine a building, high intensity chorus going into the fade). I'm open to comments, criticisms, ideas, etc. etc. I don't wanna prejudge the mix or the production, but there's a TON of work left to do. I mixed this on headphones to avoid pissing off the locals, but it's a prelim and I'm gonna have to touch it up for sure.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9196363/Fire Outro.mp3

P.S. I'm still learning, still getting better, lol so don't hold me to the standard of some of the absolute beasts on here. Shit, a lot of what I know (which isn't much), I learned here.

First thing that stuck out to me is that your "snare" sample has got some pretty harsh upper range frequencies going on. Try to tame those.

It's the kind of frequency that makes you blink if you were listening at decent volume on headphones. You don't want that.

that's a totally right on observation. i was actually going for a shrill, electronic sounding snare. it isn't a real snare

maybe i'll go back and try some other sounds