First Real to Reel now Posion'd

Shall be buying it at some point as I am a huge fan of the band but shan't be rushing out for it and as you said it would be much better if they finally released a new album of their own material instead of trotting out covers albums and best of collections!

What was wrong with Hollyweird? Was better than anything since Open Up ....

No it was bad all around... A band like Poison isn't technical, as many of you know, but the music was at least fun. Hollyweird was simply weak all around... This was to be their big comeback it wasn't. So now they issue best of compilations, more compilations and cover records...I'd love to hear an album or original material for a change...

You forgot to add Def Leppards Yeah! in the title of the thread. Poison and Def Leppard seem to be doing the same thing at the moment both having released a sub standard album of new material (although I liked the songs on both X and Hollyweird they were not what I consider as the bands doing their best)then a compilation then a covers album is there something in the water? Are there any other bands that seem to be following this pattern?

You forgot to add Def Leppards Yeah! in the title of the thread. Poison and Def Leppard seem to be doing the same thing at the moment both having released a sub standard album of new material (although I liked the songs on both X and Hollyweird they were not what I consider as the bands doing their best)then a compilation then a covers album is there something in the water? Are there any other bands that seem to be following this pattern?

I didn't forget it's just been a year since that came out... So-so effort.
I love the guitar tone on Waterloo Sunset...
I also love Golden Age of Rock n Roll....