First song you learned to play (from a band you actually liked)

LOUD METAL

Certified Retardation
Aug 5, 2016
Vancouver, BC
What was the first song you learned to play properly by a band you actually liked? And on what instrument?

Dreams In Inertia by Code Orange on drums for me. I learned other songs before that, but this was the first song I perfected.

Hm, Dreams In Inertia is peculiar, I feel like I've heard it a million times, but I've never listened to it as far as I know.

As for the first song I ever learned by a band I liked, I have to say it was either Breaking the Law by Judas Priest or Kingdom of the Damned by Dream Evil.

Deep Purple - Smoke on the water intro riff on guitar, I remember it and ode to joy was first things my brother teached me. Then I started to listen bands which had good intro riffs and started learn and play them. I remember that some songs were 69 eyes - brandon lee, ac/dc - hard as a rock, kiss - firehouse, black sbbath - iron man, ramones - blitzkrieg bop.

With my bands we just played our songs, it was rare that we played other bands songs, execpt when it was a joke. With Pedophile SS we covered Right said fred's song I'm too sexy, the whole song is improvised.

WIth Unohdettu Tulevaisuus we have covered Napalm Death's you suffer and dead. While a go we started to play other covers too. We Recorded it but needs mixing. These are the songs(not very hard, lol)

Rajoitus - Osta ja juo

Fear of God - Running through the blood

Last edited:
Maybe Hung by Napalm Death. Or Transylvanian Hunger.

Or Die by the Sword/Black Magic, though that would have been messy as fuck.