First test with the POD HD

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Hello chaps, long time no see. I purchased a POD HD and here's my first go at it with a little song idea I just put together tonight, by no means a finished song. I'm not terribly impressed with the POD HD, but I think guitars fit in this mix quite nicely. I just pulled up the Rectifier default patch, no boost, and fired away. No post eq or anything other than at HP filter at 60hz. Any thoughts about the quality of tone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r699JKRdzO0&feature=youtu.be

I just finished the song. Here's the full version with some guitar EQ as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV10XjBb4wA&feature=youtu.be

Sounds more than usable and fits perfectly in the style. Maybe a bit muflled but easy to fix with eq. Btw, what version? 500?

so you like the previous Pods better than the new HD? Are you going to keep the HD and try to get it so you're happy with it? I have an HD500 and like it although I havent tried the other pods.

I prefer the x3 to the HD, simply because you can't get the variety of tones on the HD, compared to the X3. You can still get some good tones, just not as many. Though, your tone is pretty nice. I do agree it sounds a bit muffled, probably some subtractive eq in the mids, and some additive in the highs, if i am indeed using those terms correctly.

Sounds more than usable and fits perfectly in the style. Maybe a bit muflled but easy to fix with eq. Btw, what version? 500?
Yeah, its the 500 Floorboard.

so you like the previous Pods better than the new HD? Are you going to keep the HD and try to get it so you're happy with it? I have an HD500 and like it although I havent tried the other pods.
I'm keeping my PODX3 for shits and giggles, but as far as I'm concerned, the PODX3 is as dead as fried chicken for guitars. I still use it for bass though. The POD HD has much more potential for me and way more usable in my brief experience right out of the box. It feels nicer to play on too. Effects are awesome. I've been using it in the 4 cable method with my Krank Rev Jr, and its outstanding.