First time posting, long time listening

Revson

Sep 22, 2010
Orlando, FL
www.villainproductions.com
So this is a very, very rough mix of a band I'm working with right now. So far we have all the drums and rhythm guitars tracked with some leads, but no bass or vocals recorded yet. We're planning on doing some touch-ups here and there just to make sure the guitars are spot on and I'm also planning on re-amping once that's completed. They like a whole lotta mids in their tracking tone and I'm gonna scoop some of those out.

The drums are all natural right now except for the kick, but even that sound is a placeholder until I get to full-blown mixing time.

Guitar left is an Ibanez with an EMG 85 in the bridge->NS2->TS9->5150->Mesa 4x12 with black shadows speakers->Audix i5 a couple inches away from the cone->SCA N72 preamp->RME FF800

Guitar right has the same setup but the guitar is my stock PRS CE 22 and the head is a Bugera 6262. Both guitars are LPF down to 8kHz and may be high passed around 60-70Hz. I can't remember if the HP is on during this track yet.

Anywho, here is what I have thus far and as I get more recorded and better mixed I will update. Any feedback/criticism is appreciated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20204846/phineas%20new%20kick_snare.mp3

Is the bassdrum clipping? Something wrong is going on there, that's for sure. I think overall you should work on your drumsound, imo snare sounds not very good as well... Just to give you a start