First trailer for Fallout: New Vegas

Damn teasers.

Are they keeping the first person perspective on this one? I hated that in Fallout 3. I wish they would go back to the old engine, which is what made the game so great.

Damn teasers.

Are they keeping the first person perspective on this one? I hated that in Fallout 3. I wish they would go back to the old engine, which is what made the game so great.

If they made a new game with the same engine as in Fallout 2, I'd buy it. As long as the game itself is as flawless.

I sure as hell hope its FPS.. that kind of 3rd person game the first Fallout games was are so incredibly boring imo.
But i can totally understand why "real" Fallout fans dont like Fallout 3.. they should have made it a new game series.

Anyways, i cant wait to play this game as i loved Fallout 3.. really nice feeling in that game.
Fallout 3 and Bio Shock are probably the best games ive played released after ~95's, as they really managed to give you that feeling that modern games just doesn't seem to have any more.

Guys this is being made by Obsidian rather than bethesda. This could be monumentally good.

It will only be monumentally good if:

1) Bethesda have no creative input whatsoever.

2) Obsidian are given the chance to actually FINISH a game for once, before rushing for release.

3) They fuck off the FPS elements. Namely, the really poorly conceived combat. Bring tactics back into it.

4) They re-focus the RPG elements by creating actual dialogue trees, and a story worth caring about.

5) They don't waste all their development time creating 100 interchangeable 'dungeons' like Oblivi... Fallout 3.

6) They make us forget that Fallout 3 ever existed.

Btw, what's with the damn Pixar robot in the teaser? Looks like it's from some freakin children's film.

Rage.

The combat system would have been better if they hadn't fallen into the STALKER trap of "If your accuracy attribute isn't high enough, a gun will not shoot where you point it, if your accuracy attribute is maxed out, well we never thought someone would play something this shit for that long so it's still the same deal".

Oh and if there had been more than 4 types of enemies in the game.

Actually I struggle to think of any single aspect of that game that wasn't an absolute chore.

Only thing I enjoyed was creating hilarious death sequences with VATS.

The real-time combat was laughably poor. Enemies would do their side-stepping dance, and you'd just be plugging away to get the HP down. Actually reminds me of Mass Effect, since I"m playing 2 now. For some reason FPS + RPG mechanics ALWAYS leads to poor combat. It was pioneered in the original Deus Ex, and has been poor ever since.

They could drop VATS and just copy Call Of Duty controls/gameplay like Borderlands did. In fact they could also copy the night color tones from Borderlands. It has a beautiful lavender tone and you can see everything. The dark night tones from Fallout 3 and Oblivion are ugly and you can´t see shit. It bothers me so much that I always use the wait function to only travel by day, and Vegas by day will be lame.

Only thing I enjoyed was creating hilarious death sequences with VATS.

The real-time combat was laughably poor. Enemies would do their side-stepping dance, and you'd just be plugging away to get the HP down. Actually reminds me of Mass Effect, since I"m playing 2 now. For some reason FPS + RPG mechanics ALWAYS leads to poor combat. It was pioneered in the original Deus Ex, and has been poor ever since.

I agree that Deus Ex has bar none the worst combat of any FPS I've ever played - fortunately it doesn't keep me from loving and appreciating all its positive aspects! Mass Effect I'd say is competent, just not particularly groundbreaking (again, not a deal-breaker for me in a game like that)

I really loved Fallout 3, only this made me rage often:

The combat system would have been better if they hadn't fallen into the STALKER trap of "If your accuracy attribute isn't high enough, a gun will not shoot where you point it, if your accuracy attribute is maxed out, well we never thought someone would play something this shit for that long so it's still the same deal".