Fisrt Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Screens

Was gonna post this as well
I think the graphics look pretty good, but was expecting more of a leap considering the time in between games, is it based off the old engine? just me?
I do however, think the design of the game looks better in general....... screenshot number 2 looks like a more interesting location that anywhere in Oblivion

It does look like the old engine but highly modified. The faces look a ton better , and the texture detail as well. Also the lighting seems much improved.

Everything is still so shiny. The snow is shiny, rock is shiny, moss is shiny.

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion, and while they were decent (Morrowind > Oblivion), I didn't feel they were as great as others have made them out to be. Maybe it was just me, but the combat system has always felt really really clunky, and the whole game is not nearly as immersive as other games. It had a lot of sidequests that didn't feel very important at all. I dunno. Vanilla WoW spoiled me.

I absolutely despised Oblivion, and Fallout 3. I think I'm not coming near anything Bethesda for a long while. Awful stories, characters, dialogue, shitty graphics effects, tedious quests. Yeah you could "do a lot", but there was little "what for". I'm waiting for ME3, even though that was a shitty popamole with just as atrocious a storyline, at least it had some endearing characters. Some.

I'm pretty sick of medieval rpgs.

Please Bioware, rock the fuck out of ME3 and then start work on a similarly epic follow up to Jade Empire.

I absolutely despised Oblivion, and Fallout 3. I think I'm not coming near anything Bethesda for a long while. Awful stories, characters, dialogue, shitty graphics effects, tedious quests. Yeah you could "do a lot", but there was little "what for". I'm waiting for ME3, even though that was a shitty popamole with just as atrocious a storyline, at least it had some endearing characters. Some.

-"Yeah that game was atrocious"
-"You not gonna get the next one then?"
-"Nah, I probably will"

:loco: :confused:

The combat system should be changed to something like the one on Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. On Oblivion I had to use a lot of mods to change the gameplay and make the game more enjoyable...

-"Yeah that game was atrocious"
-"You not gonna get the next one then?"
-"Nah, I probably will"

:loco: :confused:

Oblivion was, hence no Skyrimjob for me.

ME2 frankly wasn't that much of an awesome game (it sure wasn't a fucking Deus Ex now I'll give you that!) but it had it's brilliant moments (let's face it, it's a dating simulator/popamole with some really corny moments, and a two-bit minigame that ends up devouring half your playtime). Very high production values from BioWare as always though. Unlike Obsidian and Bethesda.

I'm sorry I do visit the rpgcodex. Don't go there though, its rough, kult, true, grim and frostbitten. But I do think good games, in general, have been very few and far between. Yes the kids are either way dumber these days, or I'm just getting older and there's more room for stupid shit in modern gaming than there ever was before.