FLEA Responds To FOX NEWS Host Bashing RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea has responded to a series of insults leveled at the band by Fox News co-host Greg Gutfeld, who took several opportunities recently to slam the group. Commenting on a video of Koko the gorilla strumming a bass that turned out to belong to Flea, Gutfeld remarked: "This is a vast improvement over the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, the worst band on the planet." A few days later, he doubled down, commenting: "What I meant to say was the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (are) the worst band in the universe. I'd like to apologize for that confusion." Asked about the jabs by NME, Flea replied: "I remember seeing a poll recently that said people who watch Fox News knew less about world affairs than people who watch no news at all. It's clearly a funny (program)." He added, "It doesn't faze me, not really. I heard that. It's funny. I don't care. They're all welcome to hate us. God bless 'em." Somehow Gutfeld managed to twist the meaning of what Flea said, saying this past Monday on his show: "(Flea) said that he didn't mind. He said that it was great, he thought our show was funny, and it was okay to have your own opinion, and was very happy. I thought this was a really great example of how differences can be solved so easily by simply agreeing with me." The CHILI PEPPERS recently released their eleventh studio album, "The Getaway", which features the chart-topping single "Dark Necessities". The band will tour North America in support of the disc in early 2017.

Continue reading...