Flesh Made Sin - Dawn Of The Stillborn

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
Flesh Made Sin - Dawn Of The Stillborn
Karmageddon Media - KARMA069CD - 2005
By Philip Whitehouse

FMS.jpg

"The final curtain's about to fucking FALL!" If there has been a more metal moment than that in any other release so far this year, I'll wipe my arse with my spiked armbands (NB: not really). The thrash metal revival continues with the belated release of Flesh Made Sin's debut album, which is so 80s it practically comes packaged with a mullet and denim jacket. Hyper-speed, Dark Angel/Kreator/Destruction styled metal mayhem ensues from the second you press play to the moment the CD's 37m 55s running time is expired - during which time, you'll have severe neck-ache from frantically headbanging to the aural savagery on offer.

If I'm not very much mistaken, these boys have even stayed in standard E-tuning, and by goat it's good to be reminded just how flesh-stripping a high-pitched, higher-velocity power-chord blizzard can be when delivered with the intensity that Flesh Made Sin serve up. If you're looking for variation and subtlety in your music, however, then you may as well go away now - although there are some standard riffs and vocal lines that dilineate the songs, to the casual ear this sounds like a riff avalanche. The production, too, while ideal for thrash fans with it's sizzling rawness, may put off fans of cleaner styles of metal.

So, definitely an album for the thrash fans amongst us, but possibly not something to be used to introduce the young'uns to the concept of blurred, hyperspeed riffage and clattering drums.

7.5/10

Flesh Made Sin Official Website
Karmageddon Media Website