FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES III

There are some decent bands on that list (well, I like Todesbonden and Luna Mortis), but I don't think I could go to an all female-fronted fest. You can color me sexist (I really swear I'm not), I just prefer male singers 9 out of 10 times in my metal. Female voices just don't always have the, well (for lack of a better term), BALLS that I look for in the best of heavy metal.

You can color me sexist (I really swear I'm not), I just prefer male singers 9 out of 10 times in my metal. Female voices just don't always have the, well (for lack of a better term), BALLS that I look for in the best of heavy metal.
Thanks for your comment/feedback.

I wouldn't call you sexist for having a preference in vocals. I prefer female vocals, you prefer male vocals, and that's ok. Everyone has their preferences. (If you were to say "women can't singe metal" or "female singers aren't metal" ... that's when it becomes sexist.)

There actually isn't one band on our bill that falls into the typical "symphonic operatic" vocal style that is generally associated with female vocals in metal. (Todesbonden is the closest thing and even they don't fit into that category fully.)

If you are looking for female vocalists with more "BALLS," I think you may be surprised at some of the other bands on our bill - Benedictum, A.D.D. and Blood Corps in particular. If there are bands on the roster you haven't checked out yet, I really recommend giving them a try/listen.

Freak Near-Death Mishap Knocks Blood Corps Out of Line-Up
Idaho’s Melodic Goth-Metal Band Rott Tapped To Open 2009 Flight of the Valkyries Metal Fest

St. Paul, Minnesota – Flight of the Valkyries, America’s premiere female-fronted metal fest – the first of its kind in the U.S. – was forced to make a last-minute change when Blood Corps, an up-and-coming band from Virginia, experienced a brush with death.

More details in the FotV forum:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...th-mishap-knocks-blood-corps-out-line-up.html

Check out the news, the new band added to the roster and get your tickets soon!

Looking forward to seeing you all in June! :headbang:

The first time I read this, I thought Freak Near-Death Mishap was the name of a band that took over for Blood Corps. Glad to hear everyone was OK in the band was OK.