Florida Radio Stations

mysweetdeath

Easy Mac > Difficult Mac
Sep 6, 2003
Mulberry, Florida
Does anyone know of any radio station in Florida (preferably in the Tampa Bay area) that has played Opeth before? I know 98 Rock (a horrible station) has "The Pit" in which they play "Underground" metal but I don't think they've ever played Opeth. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, it would be rude not to introduce myself... I'm Kenny, from Florida. I became a fan of Opeth when I bought "Still Life" on one of my "random CD" purchases.
:worship:

mysweetdeath said:
Does anyone know of any radio station in Florida (preferably in the Tampa Bay area) that has played Opeth before? I know 98 Rock (a horrible station) has "The Pit" in which they play "Underground" metal but I don't think they've ever played Opeth. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, it would be rude not to introduce myself... I'm Kenny, from Florida. I became a fan of Opeth when I bought "Still Life" on one of my "random CD" purchases.
:worship:

hi, kenny. welcome. my name's jae, and i live about 100 miles north of tampa in hernando, fl. i may be moving to the tampa/st. pete area though in january. when is "the pit" on? and what kind of stuff do they play?

I used to live in Tampa 6 years ago...I believe The Pit is on from 12-3am on Saturday nights. Before the time of mp3's and such, it was an awesome way to discover new and old death metal bands. I don't know if they've played opeth, but another similar radio station does often. It's called something like "sudden death overtime." I'm not sure of the location but it's on listen-live on the net.

I'm pretty sure no other Tampa Bay station will play metal.

hello all....i'm in ocala, fl, and I hate the radio with a fiery passion that consumes my soul. I hate it so much, I took the antenna off my car out of spite, because all they EVER play on it is puke-rock, country, and ghetto crap (not justified in being called music).