Florida's RAPED APE Sees Collection Surface On Divebomb Records

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Not that you guys didn't already know this, but the official press release went out today.

RA-promo-picture-400x194.jpg

When people reflect on the Florida metal scene of the late ’80s and early ’90s, groups like DEATH, OBITUARY and SOLSTICE instantly spring to mind. Yet there’s one band that, despite never achieving the same glory some of their contemporaries enjoyed, is still adored and respected amongst cultist metal fans all these years later. We’re talking about Lake Worth thrash heathens RAPED APE.

Named after car mechanic slang for a motor that runs hard and fast, RAPED APE did precisely that within the South Florida metal scene, releasing three demos (1988’s In Ape We Trust, 1990’s Perpetual Aggravation and 1991’s Lost In Mind) and playing shows with some of the biggest heavy bands at that time (SEPULTURA, BIOHAZARD, CORONER, MORBID ANGEL and many more).

Eventually, the group entered the famed Morrisound Recording studios with producer extraordinaire Scott Burns to track their Independent EP, 1993’s Terminal Reality. Now celebrating its 20th anniversary, this new Divebomb Records collection combines not only the original Terminal Reality EP, but also four of the band’s long sought-after demo tapes, all of which culminated in their signing to Century Media Records.

A must-own for any fan of underground thrash, this Land Of Broken Promises limited edition set contains brand new mastering from original source tapes and a massive 16-page booklet with member-supplied scrapbook styled memorabilia encompassing RAPED APE’s entire history. As a bonus, Divebomb Records has included an enhanced portion containing seven archival live videos of the band in their prime.

DIVE038_cover-400x400.jpg

RAPED APE
Land Of Broken Promises 2xCD
CD/Digital
3/12/13

FOR FANS OF:
SEPULTURA, OVERKILL, ANTHRAX, SOLSTICE and D.R.I.

POINTS OF INTEREST:
+ 20TH ANNIVERSARY FOR TERMINAL REALITY EP
+ FIRST OFFICIAL CD RELEASE OF ALL 4 DEMO TAPES
+ 7 BONUS LIVE VIDEOS
+ LINER NOTE ACCOLADES BY MEMBERS OF CANNIBAL CORPSE, SOLSTICE, PRO-PAIN
+ TERMINAL REALITY PRODUCED BY SCOTT BURNS (CANNIBAL CORPSE, DEICIDE, SOLSTICE)
+ OUT OF PRINT SINCE EARLY 90’s
+ CHANGED NAME TO PAINGOD – RELEASED ONE ALBUM VIA CENTURY MEDIA
+ LIMITED EDITION
+ NEW MASTERING BY JAMIE KING
+ LAYOUT/RESTORATION BY ADAM PETERSON (WATCHTOWER, EPIDEMIC and SOLSTICE)

TRACK LIST:

DISC 1

Terminal Reality – EP (1992)
1. Land Of Broken Promises
2. Victim Of The Game
3. Voice Of Reason
4. Remembrance
5. Who's In Control
6. Return To Nothing

Perpetual Aggravation – Demo (1990)
7. The Krusher
8. Shrouded In Darkness
9. Kill Thy Neighbor
10. Circle Of Blood
11. S.T.D. (Socially Transmitted Death)
12. Pieces Of Aggravation

Lost In Mind – Demo (1991)
13. Hypothermia
14. Lost In Mind
15. Monkey See, Monkey Do
16. Feet First
17. Wastoid (Drooling Pigdogs Lineup)

BONUS TRACK
18. The Krusher (Live)

DISC 2

The Stuck Demo (1994)
1. Stuck
2. Future Tense
3. Drag
4. Mass Population

Paingod – Demo (1995)
5. Paingod/Sicklife
6. Not A Moment To Spare
7. Blind Vision
8. Easy Way Out
9. Self Made Man
10. One And The Same

ENHANCED CD – LIVE VIDEOS

Due Process
The Krusher
Hypothermia
Who's In Control
Mass Population
Future Tense
Circle Of Blood

Man, I got the e-mail this morning and was like OH OH! And went to see if was available to order yet ... nope :erk: Switch on the buy button!

Man, I got the e-mail this morning and was like OH OH! And went to see if was available to order yet ... nope :erk: Switch on the buy button!

I will soon, I am sorry for the delays. So much stuff happening behind the scenes. right now. I have to be prepared for the flood of orders when I announce shipping begins. So i have to clear my schedule of normal label work first. :)