FLOTSAM AND JETSAM's Next Album Will Be 'Much Heavier'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Veteran Arizona metallers FLOTSAM AND JETSAM are already working on material for the follow-up to "The End Of Chaos" album, which came out this past January. Singer Eric "A.K." Knutson told The Metal Voice that guitarists Michael Gilbert and Steve Conley "wrote, like, 40-something songs for ['The End Of Chaos'], so we've got a lot of bits and pieces we can steal from for a new record. We've already got two or three songs that are good and solid that we're working on. There's no lack of music for a new record, so it should come pretty quickly, I think." Asked about a possible musical direction for the next FLOTSAM AND JETSAM disc, Gilbert said: "'The End Of Chaos' kind of bled over into the power metal thing. I don't know how we did that, being a speed metal band [or] a thrash band, classified as that. But where we're going now, I think it's gonna get much heavier, actually. I don't know how that's gonna happen, but the new stuff that Steve and I are writing, and what [Eric is] putting on it, it's gonna be fucking heavy as shit." As for a tentative release date for the new FLOTSAM AND JETSAM album, Eric said: [It'll] probably [be] close to [a year from now], but it all depends on how stupid I am when it comes to writing lyrics — how many times I have to rewrite a song. Like I said, we've got so much music to choose from already that it should go pretty quick." "The End Of Chaos" was released via AFM Records. The album is available as a digipak, on clear orange, gatefold vinyl (limited to 450 units), black gatefold vinyl (limited to 450 units), limited picture vinyl (limited to 500 units), gold black splatter gatefold vinyl and limited boxset with T-shirt.

Continue reading...