Floyd Rose Tremolo help

MetalHeadMarc

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sep 7, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
Ok doods, I have a floyd rose tremolo unfutunately, and i've had some trouble adjusting the bridge. You see, I'm using medium gage strings, 10's, and well i can get the top of the bridge level, the part with my low stings, but my bottoms don't pull the bridge up enough and its a little uneven ( it has to much tension the the bottom). I distributed 4 springs on the bottom evenly but i can't seem to adjust the anchor to straighten out the bottom part of my brigde, please help. BTW, if this description wasn't good enough please say. Thanx

Generally, three springs are used with .008's and .009's, four sounds fine. The main issue is the adjustment of the spring-claw under the back cover. It will take a few tries( I know ), but if you tighten/loosen those two large wood-screws that hold the spring-claw, you will arrive at the proper balance of spring tension and string-gauge, giving you a bridge that is level and parallel with the body of your guitar.

MetalHeadMarc said:
Ok doods, I have a floyd rose tremolo unfutunately, and i've had some trouble adjusting the bridge. You see, I'm using medium gage strings, 10's, and well i can get the top of the bridge level, the part with my low stings, but my bottoms don't pull the bridge up enough and its a little uneven ( it has to much tension the the bottom). I distributed 4 springs on the bottom evenly but i can't seem to adjust the anchor to straighten out the bottom part of my brigde, please help. BTW, if this description wasn't good enough please say. Thanx
Make sure the front screws that hold your tremola up are at close to the same level. It sounds like your screws that balance your tremola might be uneven.

Bryant