Follow Jaska Raatikainen on tour

Jaska's first blog entry

"In France somewhere.
I do not really remember what has happened the last 12 months. Several flash backs from around the world. I feel I have spent around one month in total in a plane flying everywhere, six months in a tour bus. I have played with the weirdest drum kits the places I never expected to go on my free time. And now we went there with the band. Been there, done that!!
Actually I do not know how all these 15 years passed so fast. Maybe I was drunk or maybe I just suppressed all the bad feelings and escaped to some imagined wonderland to survive all the constant touring?!? OR maybe I simply had too fun in the good company that time really flew? Or all these?
I think we just started to plan this 15th Anniversary Euro Tour but to be honest it started the last summer. We realised that it really was COB´s 15th Anniversary this year (since the first album was released). Our label was going to release the greatest hits album to celebrate and we were going to release this picture book on our own to celebrate as well. Why the hell not to play some more heavy metal to fans?!!
SO, what kind of stage set up, where and when?
Management came up with an idea to combine this Euro leg with festivals and club shows. Brilliant idea! We don´t have to fly every weekend to different festivals and back with all the stuff. Now we can have our own back line everywhere and the most important to have the same set up everywhere.
It is not the smallest production we are mobilising. "The fucking tourmanager" (as he wants to call himself) / guitar tech, another guitar tech, my drum tech, monitor guy, cocky FOH, lighting guy, merch guy, bus driver or two. 14 persons all together. Everybody wanting something all the time. Usually money. And the back line and everything that belongs to that. THE car on stage. What have you...
Festival season started in Spain where we played on Sonisphere the 25th. Oh man, we sucked there! Luckily the crowd was good. We had a two month holiday before that and we did not rehearse together enough. Headline show week after that in Cyprus was little better. Again, awesome crowd and good hospitality! Last week we rehearsed quite a lot and did last arrangements to set list and let the technicians do their jobs: tune up the gear and pack it to the truck. There is quite many things you need on tour. It is better you hire somebody to take care of your gear and let yourself to be a full time rock star... except off stage and home.
Thursday we finally flew to Dusseldorf and the tour bus picked us up. We were on our way to Amsterdam. Luckily we parked out of the city and no one was eager to go down town.
Damn, we had good time on stage yesterday. Audience was so good as always. Melkweg!!!!!!"