Foo Fighters and Tenacious D tour

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Damn. Wish they weren't playing at the SFS. Stadium shows suck for sound and vision!

Foo Fighters show to blow us away at Sydney Football Stadium with Tenacious D and Jack Black

US rockers Foo Fighters will bring the biggest outdoor concert of the year to Australia in December.
The band, who have enjoyed a 16-year love affair with local audiences, will perform at Sydney Football Stadium on December 8.
Wasting Light might be 2011's only stadium tour as the Aussie concert market softens after a bumper 2010 featured massive outdoor gigs by Bon Jovi, U2, AC/DC and George Michael.
Foo Fighters plan a star-studded extravaganza, with Jack Black's band Tenacious D confirmed for the opening set and other international and Aussie bands to be announced.

The Foo Fighters staged an epic three-hour show on Goat Island in March and frontman Dave Grohl said fans could expect another marathon concert: "At the end of the second hour you break through and get this whole new energy and just keep going - that's when it's fun for me."
Ticket pre-sale via Frontier Touring begins on July 14 at 2pm, with general tickets from noon on July 18

Annoyed that they're playing the Gold Coast instead of Brisbane. I'll go though because for some reason I'm now a bit of a fan. Also, given my love for new infrastructure I'm quite keen on seeing a gig at the new stadium.

We saw them last weekend, 2 nights at Milton Keynes. They were absolutely perfect, definitely the best gig I've seen them do (this was the 9th and 10th time). They just pwned the stadium, the sound was great and the setlist was top notch. Had some great guests join them on stage too (Roger Taylor and Alice Cooper on Saturday, and Seasick Steve and John Paul Jones on Sunday). Played a lot of stuff from Wasting Light, which I was hoping for.

Spiff - I know you thought they were a bit dire at the Brissy gigs, but if you'd have been there last weekend you would have loved it. Mark has a new favourite band. :D

Oh, and guess who won two tickets to see them at the iTunes festival on Monday? Let's just hope I get in. *crosses fingers very tightly indeed.

Annoyed that they're playing the Gold Coast instead of Brisbane. I'll go though because for some reason I'm now a bit of a fan. Also, given my love for new infrastructure I'm quite keen on seeing a gig at the new stadium.

Marki didn't think you would go when he saw that, how will you get there? You must go though, I would like some Australian themed merch. :headbang: I spend £105 on t-shirts on Saturday. o_O

Very pleased you are warming to them, they're at their absolute best right now. :)

Probably go with a couple of peeps from work.

Noticed the other day that I still have their Hyde Park DVD unopened. Might have a look at that some time.

Remembered after posting my last comment that it was actually My Hero which made me turn it off. I hate that even more than Stacked Actors.

I bought the self titled foo fighters album the day it came out. I loved it but it has been down hill since than... maybe there is something wrong with me??? I would love to see Tenacious D though

I've only heard one song off the new album, but I like it. I've never been able to get into them massively, but this would be a good show.