FOO FIGHTERS Bassist NATE MENDEL Streaming Debut Album From Solo Project LIEUTENANT

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, FOO FIGHTERS bassist Nate Mendel is streaming the debut album from his solo project LIEUTENANT online ahead of the album's March 9 release. The disc itself is called "If I Kill This Thing We're All Going To Eat For A Week", and Mendel told The Pulse Of Radio that doing a record all on his own was a nerve-wracking experience. "Yeah, I didn't go into it with any confidence at all," he said. "You know, no part of putting together my own record had I done before. I'm learning to play guitar and sing, write songs, record, all of it at one time. So I had no idea how it would turn out. I was really kind of very self-conscious about the process and just thought, like, 'Okay, well, I'm gonna make this, and if I like it, then I'll try to figure out some way to put it out.'"Mendel has been a member of FOO FIGHTERS since 1995 and told NME he has never had time to explore a solo project before, saying, "There's never a right time! Schedules are always packed. There are always other commitments. So it was important I just bit the bullet and did this. Or maybe I never would."The album features guest appearances from FOO FIGHTERS guitarist Chris Shiflett, HELMET's Page Hamilton, MODEST MOUSE's Joe Plummer and Jeremy Enigk from Mendel's pre-FOO FIGHTERS band, SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE, among others.Mendel plans to take LIEUTENANT out on a spring tour before he regroups with FOO FIGHTERS for their massive summer trek.
lieutenantdebutcdcover.jpg

More...