FOO FIGHTERS Drummer Says New U2 Album 'Sounds Like A Fart'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, FOO FIGHTERS drummer Taylor Hawkins is the latest artist to pile on U2 and their new album, "Songs Of Innocence", which was dumped for free and without permission onto all 500 million iTunes accounts in the world back in September as part of a mega-deal with Apple.Speaking with The Music, Hawkins said about the Irish band's ambitious stunt, "I think they probably thought it was gonna be a great idea… But they didn't really take into consideration the Big Brother feeling that kinda goes along with like, '[In menacing voice] You have the new U2 record' … You couldn't get rid of it and they actually had to come up with an app to get rid of it, that's horrible."Hawkins got the album on his iTunes account and listened to it once, saying, "What happened to U2, man? I don't think people are that hyped on them." He said he didn't hear "anything great" on the record, adding, "It just kinda sounds like a fart any way you listen to it."Meanwhile, FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl told NME about his band's own grand experiment, the album and HBO series "Sonic Highways", "I'm never fucking doing it again! But I can imagine there are bands from all over the world who could do the same thing. England's a great example of a country where each city has regional relevance. I think every country could have its own 'Sonic Highways'."The FOOs recorded eight songs in eight different cities for the album, steeping themselves in the local music scene and filming it all for HBO.The album arrived in stores on Monday (November 10), while the HBO series hit the halfway point of its eight-episode run this past Friday (November 7).

More...