FOO FIGHTERS 'Should' Have New Studio Album Out In 2020

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Taylor Hawkins has revealed that FOO FIGHTERS will begin work on their tenth studio album later this year. Speaking to Rock Sound before the band's August 17 gig in Glasgow, the drummer stated about FOO FIGHTERS' planned follow-up to 2017's "Concrete And Gold": "Well, from what I've heard from our fearless leader, Dave Grohl, he has a lot of demos that he's worked on. And I think we'll start, once this [European] tour is over... I think not too soon after that, we'll start the process of putting the songs together as a band." He added: "It's a long process — we do a lot of demoing and stuff — but I think that we'll have — I'm hoping — I think we'll have a new record by next year. We should." Last month, FOO FIGHTERS released a surprise live EP. Titled "00950025", the three-song effort features "elusive live tracks," namely performances of "For All the Cows" and "Wattershed" from the band's headline set at 1995's Reading festival, as well as a live recording of "Next Year" from a 2000 concert in Melbourne, Australia. FOO FIGHTERS are continuing to tour in support of "Concrete And Gold". Although the disc reached the top of the Billboard chart, it failed to earn gold certification in the sales department. But the band remains a touring behemoth, having played 71 shows between June 2017 and June 2018, with an average gross of more than $1 million per stop.

Continue reading...