FOO FIGHTERS Will Play Massive 20th-Anniversary Show In D.C. Next July

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, FOO FIGHTERS have announced that the band will celebrate its 20th anniversary next summer with a massive concert at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C. The "20th Anniversary Blowout" will take place on July 4, 2015, and is being described as an "all-day extravaganza" with multiple acts on the bill. More details will be announced this Thursday morning (November 6).The self-titled debut album from FOO FIGHTERS was released on July 4, 1995. Former NIRVANA drummer Dave Grohl was the only official member of the band and played nearly all the instruments on the disc.Bassist Nate Mendel was one of the first musicians to join the lineup and told The Pulse Of Radio how he first met Grohl. "He'd come to see my old band play and, I don't know, I was intimidated because I didn't know anybody that was successful in music or, I mean, he was just famous in general at that point in time," he said. "So I was just scared. Wasn't really super confident in my playing and was excited at the idea of doing the band, but like while we were trying out, it was very — it was kind of nerve-wracking, you know. I mean, he's a very personable, easy guy to be around, but nonetheless, I mean, NIRVANA was casting a pretty huge shadow."

More...