FOOL’S GAME “Reality Divine” available in the US today, Sept. 8, 2009

Matt Crooks

www.fools-game.com
Feb 13, 2004
Mid-Atlantic, USA
www.fools-game.com

Here’s what the press has to say about the debut from FOOL’S GAME:

You want a quote? How about "Best Melodic Metal album of 2009", "Absolutely Masterful", "The Debut of a Great Band". (MetalCrypt.com)....

“…This disc was just a welcomed surprise for me and as each track kicked in, I wondered will the hot streak continue or slowly begin to fizzle. I’m happy to report that this was a strong release from top to bottom with no weaknesses. (…) The musicianship is beyond top notch and there is definitely something in here for everyone. If you’re a fan of any of the genres mentioned above or just like good music, then this is a can’t miss. (live4metal.com)....

Progressive and metallic in equal measure, this is what you want from your power prog. (…) Matt Crooks risked a lot lets this bunch of players loose on his creation, instead what he got was a mature collection of great metal. (blogcritics.com)....

Paying tribute to our forefathers of thrash and power metal, Fool’s Game’s Reality Divine is metal to the core. This CD delivers something for everyone. It has well-structured songs, double bass drums, harmony guitar solos and lots of melody. (…)If you’re a fan of metal, this CD is a fine addition to any collection. And if you’re not a fan of metal … Reality Divine just might change that. With this current lineup, Fool’s Game is a band that is sure to deliver high-grade metal for many years to come. (hardrockhaven.net)....
l_8a88a64b670b4703a9c9b6e3b1c58190.jpg

FOOL'S GAME is the brain-child of guitarist/song-writer Matt Crooks. Having been part of the long running local Virginia band Division that released three CDs and played hundreds of shows, he decided to leave the band he founded to pursue new musical directions. Without any preconceived ideas for direction he was able to write songs purely for his own enjoyment, and not for any specific market or sound.

FOOL’S GAME is an exciting blend of modern day power and old school heavy metal, featuring Matt Crooks (ex-Division), Matt Johnsen (Pharaoh), Lars F. Larsen (Manticora), John Macaluso (ARK, Starbreaker) and Nick van Dyk (Redemption).

The album is available from all your favorite vendors, including:

http://www.cruzdelsurmusic.com/store/index1.html
http://www.lasercd.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CRUZ37
http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=11682
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Reality-Divine/dp/B002MIKDXC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1252411645&sr=8-2[/ame]

Excellent, just last week a friend and I were cranking the tracks off a couple of ProgPower samplers and wondering what the album situation was with this great sounding band.

So hopefully we'll be able to hit the vendor room first thing Friday and find a couple copies of this there at least???

Excellent, just last week a friend and I were cranking the tracks off a couple of ProgPower samplers and wondering what the album situation was with this great sounding band.

So hopefully we'll be able to hit the vendor room first thing Friday and find a couple copies of this there at least???

I think all the vendors will have copies. I know for certain Ken will have some at the Laser's Edge table.

Our copies will be best ones to buy because Matt Crooks will say a special prayer over them if asked nicely. Don't ask Matt Johnsen. He's been known to draw pentagrams on jewel boxes with a Sharpie pen.

I said that Ken would have it definitely, not exclusively. Still, I'd be shocked if it was to be found in quantity at any other vendor. And I will ONLY draw pentagrams on the jewel box if it's bought from Laser's Edge. By request, of course.

I said that Ken would have it definitely, not exclusively. Still, I'd be shocked if it was to be found in quantity at any other vendor. And I will ONLY draw pentagrams on the jewel box if it's bought from Laser's Edge. By request, of course.

Consider this an official request then, buddy.

Sweet! I remember you telling me about this at Rick & Barb's wedding. I'll definitely have to go grab a copy. Haven't had a chance to listen to any actual samples, but just the description that you gave me as well as what I've read here sounds like something that I know I'll enjoy.

Are you going to be at ProgPower? I can't remember off hand if you said you were going to be there or not.

Crooks, you buttface! You didn't use my idea. I wanted you to call the CD "Revenge of the Ice Machine". :)

(only the hard-core ProgPower/Powermad group will get that reference. :lol: )

The album is now available worldwide!

Also, the entire album is streaming on myspace from this location:

FOOL'S GAME Reality Divine Streaming on MySpace Music

topbanner_fools.jpg

Worldwide:
Cruz De lSur Musicestore

Benelux:
Sonic Rendezvous DCM

France:
Season of Mist

Germany:
AL!IVE AG

[ame=http://www.amazon.de/Divine-Reality-FoolS-Game/dp/B002KPW420/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2]Divine Reality: Fool's Game: Amazon.de: Musik[/ame]

EMP Merchandising

UK:
Fool's Game- Reality Divine - £12.99 : Code7Music

Play.com (UK) : Fool's Game - Reality Divine

hmv.com: Reality Divine (2009)

US:
The Laser's Edge: Fool's Game - Reality Divine

CD Inzane

Impulse Music

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Reality-Divine-Fools-Game/dp/B001SNXIQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1253023875&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Reality Divine: Fool's Game[/ame]

SeeOfSound.com - Fool's Game

iTunes Store - Fool's Game - Reality Divine

I bought a copy of this and already listened to it.

This album kicks major ass! Excellent work there. I was very impressed with the quality of output here.

BTW, I looked all over the place and did not see you anywhere all weekend! Did run into Mike and Ron, though. I sure hope I feel up to it to make it to this Pagan's Mind show tonight at Jaxx.