For Funerals To Come...

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
I was out in the city today, and was flipping through the metal section of a small store when I came upon the "For Funerals To Come..." EP. I happened to have enough money on me, so I picked it up. I'm not very knowledgable on Katatonia, and the only full album I own yet is LFDGD. I was wondering if "For Funerals..." is a rarity, being that I've never seen it anywhere before? I also understand that some edition of Brave Murder Day comes with the "Funerals..." tracks as bonuses? Is this version some kind of rarity, or just the common one? I'm asking as my friend bought BMD some weeks back, but it didn't come with the bonus tracks.

Concerning "For Funerals...". From what i know it is quite rare, but
i have seen it here (in Sweden, in my town) a couple of times.
Since i am no big Katatonia fan it's better that you listen to someone else,
whose knowledge is bigger than mine about this band.
I am sure she/he can tell you if it's rare or not.

I saw For funerals...Ep some months ago in a store and I wanted to buy it because I still haven't the original:( , but I had already spent all my money on other cds and haven't had the chance to visit that store so far, so I hope to find a copy again, I don't know if it is so rare.

I've got the Brave Murder Day version of For Funerals to Come, which I assume is just a re-release of Brave Murder Day with the extra tracks as a bonus due to how difficult it is in attaining the original.

So congratulations if you've got it, cause there can't be that many floating around...

For Funerals to Come CD isn't really that rare. There was a different version from it which is quite rare but the actual CD version isn't. I've seen loads of them around here.

For Funerals to Come CD isn't really that rare. There was a different version from it which is quite rare but the actual CD version isn't.

Right. I think FFTC is Katatonia's only EP that's "kinda" available since Nuclear Blast/EastWest is distributing it around here.

For Funerals To Come.... is not rare. I had no problems whatsoever picking up my copy. I'm glad that I have the Avantgarde version of Brave Murder Day. I really hate reissues and I guess I'm not much of a fan of bonus tracks either. Brave Murder Day and FFTC have nothing to do with each other and I'd rather have the original copy of FFTC than having it thrown on with BMD. Call me anal retentive, but I like being able to pop in a disc right away instead of searching for a song or a set of songs.

Originally posted by Endtime
Brave Murder Day and FFTC have nothing to do with each other and I'd rather have the original copy of FFTC than having it thrown on with BMD.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe it's a bit harder to get in Australia than other countries, but I'm happy to have FFTC on my BMD c.d simply because I wouldn't have otherwise found it, unless I ordered it in.

Plus it was all for a normal album price which is always good ;) However, I don't usually listen to the FFTC tracks if I'm listening to BMD. So it's no big deal.

OK, then tell me if Sounds of Decay happens to be rare? I've seen it three times after last summer and of course I bought one of them. Some people have told it to be almost impossible to be found, so am I just one lucky pig or is it really common?

For Funerals to Come isn't really that rare. Actually BMD is a lot harder to find here. I haven't seen one in ANY store since I luckily bought mine.

And I agree with Endtime, I wouldn't like BMD with FFTC's tracks as bonustracks, since they just don't fit there. Sounds of Decay would sound more logical, but I prefer it separately as well. It's the same with In Flames' Lunar Strain and Subterranean too, even though I own the LS+ST version, I prefer the separate ones.

Sounds of Decay has been out of print, but it seems some metal shops (i.e., The End Rex) has some new copies for cheap. I'm guessing Sounds of Decay is no longer out of print, but for a long time, it was hard to get a copy.

The two Katatonia MCDs that are a bitch to get are Elohim Meth and Saw You Drown. I got one of the last copies of SYD from Napalm for $10 (very lucky!) and I paid about $50 on Ebay for Elohim Meth.

Sounds of Decay was out of print. The End just happened to find a couple of copies at their stockpile. Or so I've heard...

Sounds of Decay has also been reissued by Century Media if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen Saw You Drown on Ebay go up to as much as the $80-100 range. One time, there was a guy who was smart enough to use the Buy It Now option and only paid $15 for it.