For Guitarist: What is the most difficult SX song (concerning guitar)??

The first tapping arpeggio bit in OSaS is pretty tricky to nail cleanly, mostly because of the two extra notes he adds to the bottom of the arpeggio and sheer speed of it.

I started learning parts of the Raging Season solo and in terms of tapping thats some pretty hard shit right there, again mostly because of the sheer speed.

I'm having more trouble with the ending legato run AFTER the Cminor7 string-skipped/tapped arpeggio. It's fucking hard man! harder than the first bit. It happenes aroubnd 3:10. But i havent tried playing too many SyX songs other than, coz i've been too busy practicing other stuff. But I just had to learn Of Sins and Shaddows, it's just the perfect guitar hero song!
What other song sould i learn?

:bah:When I said King of Terrors is relatively simple I meant I don't hear any very complexed tapping or sweeping, have't tried to learn it yet.

Alternate picking at THAT speed definitelly requires alot of concentration, tho...

Bad example, I guess. Especially since I'm one of the suckiest guitarists here. :D

Zax666 said:
:bah:When I said King of Terrors is relatively simple I meant I don't hear any very complexed tapping or sweeping, have't tried to learn it yet.

Alternate picking at THAT speed definitelly requires alot of concentration, tho...

Bad example, I guess. Especially since I'm one of the suckiest guitarists here. :D

Theres a pretty fucked up whole tone tapping sequence in KoT. Nothing really complex in terms of patterns I guess but tonally its just fucked up sounding hehe.

The Damnation Game intro is pretty hard, since it involves both sweping, picking and string skipping. It gests especially hard if you alternate pick it all(which forces you to do the string skipping with a downstroke) I think i got it now though, Of Sins and Shadows next! :ill:

miss metal chick plays guitar?
anyways i think the odyssey with all its length is the toughest to keep up with, also DWOT and it's crazy solos, and the thing with his solos, i think once u learn how the micheal romeo tapping thingy and be able to play it clean, ur all set.

I remember hearing once that Romeo himself said the most difficult songs for him to play live were Out of the Ashes, The Damnation Game, and The Accolade (this was around TiO era tho, so Im sure he has no problem with them anymore :))

Yngvai X said:
I remember hearing once that Romeo himself said the most difficult songs for him to play live were Out of the Ashes, The Damnation Game, and The Accolade (this was around TiO era tho, so Im sure he has no problem with them anymore :))

What problem with The Accolade???

I'm not a superguitarrist, I'm Intermediate and, to me, The Accolade is very simple and easy,,, the first song that I've learned from Symphony X was The Accolade,,

I don't play it very very accurate like Romeo but it's all okay...

to me,,, Smoke and Mirrors is a big difficult,,, Damnation Game too... (I've already posted it but, it's so difficult that have honor to be here again):Smug:

hey Yngvai do you have sure about what you've heard?

Any song with a solo (just about every Symphony X song) is their hardest song. The popular ones seem to be Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, and Damnation Game, but I'm sure there are harder, less popular songs. The Edge of Forever solos are nearly impossible, Eyes of Medusa has really tough riffage and a hard solo, and the countless solos in the Odyssey or DWOT aren't too easy either.