For the band - endorsement

Ralph Davis

New Metal Member
Sep 27, 2006
Hey,

First, sorry to contact you through here but we have not had any kind of reply through all the other ways we have attempted.

I'm the designer for and owner of a UK based surf/skate clothing company called Obsolete Industries, and all the company are massive fans of Deicide. Stench is fucking AMAZING!

Some of our new stuff has been designed with inspiration from Deicides' music, please check it out (URL at the end of this).

I was wondering if the band would be interested in hooking up with us in a loose kind of sponsorship/endorsement thing. It's nothing to amazing, we just give the band clothes, stickers (and any other stuff we can find) and promote the band on our website. They in return wear our gear (especially at opportune times like photo shoots lol) and send us some photos to use on our site. TBH it sounds shit and you probably have loads of better deals but it would mean a fucking hell of a lot for us as fans just to see you wearing our gear.

We've got deals going with - Cathedral, Pitchshifter, Entombed and maybe Paradise Lost. We've also hooked up with Scott Reeder (ex Kyuss).

Our web address is - www.obsoleteindustries.com
email me at - info@obsoleteindustries.com if your interested.

Thanks for your time guys, the new record is by far your best material (Dead by Dawn not included tho lol)

Please contact me through the above email if your interested, take it easy!

Ralph
Obsolete Industries

Well I'd like to think it was more along the lines of respect and recognition. But yeah, it could be seen as a rip off, strange thing to do then, contacting the band I had done this to eh? lol

So apart from that issue, what do u think of the stuff? Early days at the moment, but I have a load of ideas I'm working on, and as a Satanist myself I dont need to rip others off lol. Hope u like the gear, would honestly like to hear ur thoughts and also the thoughts of the band.

Also, surely any promotion of Deicide and the music/lyiric content is a good thing? (unless ur a Christian I guess lol).

Take it easy man.

Hi Ralph, fellow Satanist and huuuuge Deicide fan.

And I have to say I think the t's are amzing!!! Will you be doin any girly ones like?

Lili_La_Vey xxx

Ralph Davis said:
Well I'd like to think it was more along the lines of respect and recognition. But yeah, it could be seen as a rip off, strange thing to do then, contacting the band I had done this to eh? lol

So apart from that issue, what do u think of the stuff? Early days at the moment, but I have a load of ideas I'm working on, and as a Satanist myself I dont need to rip others off lol. Hope u like the gear, would honestly like to hear ur thoughts and also the thoughts of the band.

Also, surely any promotion of Deicide and the music/lyiric content is a good thing? (unless ur a Christian I guess lol).

Take it easy man.

Well to be honest, when I saw you say "skate/surf" it put me right off. I was never into that stuff - and I would think most death metal fans aren't/weren't either. That said, the T shirts you have look okay, not really what I thought of when I was thinking "skater bois", although I can only see three t shirts in your whole range? Is there more to see that I'm missing?

And yes, I agree any promotion of the band is good. Although promoting Satanism is a bit of a waste of time - it'll find who it needs to find on its own. :)

Well man, I live on the coast, I've surfed and skated all my life, so have all my mates and many others.
Just because we do these things it does not mean we listen only to punk and other popular 'surf' music styles.
Check out some pro surfers like Christian Fletcher, man he's in a death band with his bro!
Trust me, we all listen do aggro music, it fits with our chosen sports :)

As for a limited range, dude, we're just getting going again after losing our factory. It's still early days but I have a load of new prints in the works and we r adding a store to the site soon....... plus, some very hot models are lined up to do some posing in our gear (Suicide Girls).

Take it easy and please keep an eye on the site for updates.
Also, thanks for the reply/feedback

Any sign of the band? lol