for the THRASH fans in the crowd

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
figured i would hit you guys up with some info...

BLATANT DISARRAY are a modern thrash band NOT obsessed with partying and indecipherable screaming vocals. they much prefer the works of vintage Metallica and Testament. Their new album, Everyone Dies Alone, was produced by John Custer (Corrosion Of Conformity) and mixed by Jamie King (Between the Buried & Me).

300.jpg

BAND'S MYSPACE (preview some tracks!)
http://www.myspace.com/blatantdisarray

I pulled a bit of Meliah Rage out of it. Granted there is Metallica and Pantera in there, and considering how much I hate those two bands the BD was a refreshing nuggets of thrashiness. Certainly something different in the current thrash overload with every band sounding like Exodus.

I pulled a bit of Meliah Rage out of it. Granted there is Metallica and Pantera in there, and considering how much I hate those two bands the BD was a refreshing nuggets of thrashiness. Certainly something different in the current thrash overload with every band sounding like Exodus.

Name some of those bands please? :lol:

Sorry, love me some Exodus.

Just listened to some of their stuff, it's not bad but the singer doesn't do it for me.. sounds very dull over that music (which I liked).

I dont hate the vocals....I think they are just mixed to low and get buried by the music. Not the best but there is just way to many thrash bands out there now and easy to get lost in the shuffle.

Bonded by Blood http://www.myspace.com/bondedbyblood
:)

Check the band's top friends for more examples. One standout in particular is the Irish band Gama Bomb.

Another one visible in their friends is a Massachusetts band called Razormaze, who are more of a death/thrash band but aren't too bad. I saw them open for the Steel Assassin/Wargasm reunion show in 2008. That was a good time.

Thrash is my favorite genre of metal. I love the way there are no limits to what you can do. You can go from balls-out aggression to a haunting acoustic passage. Piercing singer or gruff singer.
Digging the reference to COC's 'Blind' - one of my favorite thrash albums that coincidentally I just listened to again last week. Initial listens to this band aren't blowing me away, but there's something appealing about them. I may check them out further.

I dont hate the vocals....I think they are just mixed to low and get buried by the music. Not the best but there is just way to many thrash bands out there now and easy to get lost in the shuffle.

I do agree that it is easy for bands to get lost in the crowd that is why I think the BD album sticks out from all the Bonded By Blood, Warbringer, Manic Rituals out there. These bands are not bad but I have lived though it once myself and interest for it just isn't there anymore.
You know I have not noticed many crossover bands out of this. Where are the new Xcels and STs?

Thrash!!!!!! That is my fave!! I live it, play it, and breathe it! Now with that said I really like this disc.:lol::kickass::devil:

I do agree that it is easy for bands to get lost in the crowd that is why I think the BD album sticks out from all the Bonded By Blood, Warbringer, Manic Rituals out there. These bands are not bad but I have lived though it once myself and interest for it just isn't there anymore.
You know I have not noticed many crossover bands out of this. Where are the new Xcels and STs?

there are a bunch of new crossover bands....I heard a few a month or so ago....I think one was called Adrenicide and there is a new wave of those but the crossover thing doesnt work in this day and age. Back in those days it was hard to mix the hardcore and metal scenes....now everything kind of blends in anyways. People are more open to different styles.

here is one HEAVILY influenced by Suicidal.

http://www.myspace.com/doctorlivingdead

Sorry, love me some Exodus.

Just listened to some of their stuff, it's not bad but the singer doesn't do it for me.. sounds very dull over that music (which I liked).

Never said i didn't like Exodus :headbang:

just wanted to let everyone know that BD didn't sound like Warbringer, Municipal Waste, Bonded By Blood, Gama Bomb, Merciless Death, etc etc.

there is something different than these guys, that's all.

Gamma Bomb are great....thier new disc is one of the best this year. I also highly recommend AGRESSION and PITIFUL REIGN. Both are outstanding.

That is a good point and I certainly agree.
I would say that what this new wave if thrash really does for me is puts me in the mood to pull out some albums I have not listened to in years.