For those of you that still love Stream of Passion

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
Just saw this on Blabbermouth ...

STREAM OF PASSION: New Album Details Revealed

Netherlands-based gothic/progressive metal band STREAM OF PASSION, which is fronted by Mexican female vocalist Marcela Bovio (AYREON), will release its sophomore album, "The Flame Within", on May 29 via Napalm Records. According to a press release, "The Flame Within" "leaves its predecessor in the dust, thanks to more mature songwriting. Carried by Marcela Bovio's fantastic vocal lines, STREAM OF PASSION delivers the entire spectrum of human emotions — at times dreamy and melancholic, at others uninhibited and forward pressing. In this way, heavy riffs merge with romantic undertones in majestic unity. Jens Bogren's (Fascination Street Studios) mastering work allows the tracks' subtle nuances to come into play. 'The Flame Within' is more than a loosely arranged sequence of songs, but rather a holistic gothic metal masterpiece complete with mystic elements and sonorous symphonic romanticism."

"The Flame Within" track listing:

01. The Art Of Loss
02. In The End
03. Now Or Never
04. When You Hurt Me The Most
05. Run Away
06. Games We Play
07. This Endless Night
08. My Leader
09. Burn My Pain
10. Let Me In
11. Street Spirit
12. A Part Of You
13. All I Know
14. Far And Apart (bonus track; digipack only)

STREAM OF PASSION's current lineup:

Marcela Bovio - Vocals, Violin
Johan van Stratum - Bass
Davy Mickers - Drums
Jeffrey Revet - Keyboards
Eric Hazebroek - Guitars
Stephan Schultz - Guitars

Click here for the rest of the press release and to see the new album artwork.

I know Arjen used to be the main writer, but I'm still excited to see what this group of talented musicians comes up with. Anyone know if they've posted any samples or sound clips online yet?

Just saw this on Blabbermouth. Release dates have been updated as follows:

Netherlands-based gothic/progressive metal band STREAM OF PASSION, which is fronted by Mexican female vocalist Marcela Bovio (AYREON), will release its sophomore album, "The Flame Within", via Napalm Records on the following dates:

May 27 - Finland, Spain
May 29 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, France, Italy, Sweden
June 1 - Rest of Europe
June 2 - North America

More SoP news:

Netherlands-based gothic/progressive metal band STREAM OF PASSION, which is fronted by Mexican female vocalist Marcela Bovio (AYREON), has parted ways with drummer Davy Mickers. The group says, "Due to personal reasons, Davy took this step as he needs to devote more of his time to his family. Thus, he could not longer give STREAM OF PASSION 100% of his energy. The band members wish him much happiness on this new journey in his life!

"STREAM OF PASSION is thrilled to present their fans with their new drummer: Martijn Peters. Martijn earned his extraordinary skills by playing and touring with bands like NOVACT, BACKWATER and STENTORIAN."

I think Marcela and Johan van Stratum, the bassist, are the only original members left, aren't they? I'm still looking forward to checking out the new release, but I wonder how much of it will sound like the material on Embrace the Storm.

And now you can check out some of the new SoP material on their myspace.
MetalUnderground said:
Dutch female fronted gothic metal band, Stream of Passion, has posted three new songs on their MySpace page. The songs, "When You Hurt Me the Most," "My Leader," and "The Art of Loss," are from their upcoming album, "The Flame Within."

"The Flame Within" will be released as a normal CD as well as limited digipack edition with bonus track.

I haven't had a chance to check these tracks out yet, so I'm curious to hear what others think.