for you vintersorg fans! (plenty of you here...)

Sadistik

Let me die in solitude...
May 30, 2001
California
Visit site
Vintersorg is pretty much my favorite singer (up there with Mikael) so I was glad to hear this news...alot of vintersorg stuff coming up...:
New Borknagar recording this month, Hedlund (Vintersorg) finished the vocal arrangements and is ready to record
After that, new VIntersorg album entitled "Visions from the Spiral Generator" will be recorded with Asgeir Mickelson (Borknagar, Spiral Architect) on drums (first Vinter with real drummer!). Jeff Wagner, former Metal Maniacs editor is aiding in the English lyrics, as Hedlund doesn't have the best grasp on English.
Hedlund is in discussions with Napalm records to release a DVD and video of the Canadian performances, with bonus tracks and unreleased rehearsals or something as an extra
Hedlund, Marcus Norman (aka Vargher of Ancient Wisdom and Bewitched and Dead Silent Slumber) are finishing up the writing of a new Havayoth album (the first was released on Hammerheart last September). It will feature "real strings and more orchestration.
As if this wasn't enough, Hedlund is in talks with a book company to publish assorted poetry and essays of his.

whew....when does this guy eat or sleep? I'm on Vintersorg overload!!!!!!!!

This guy is so damn busy it's incredible. All I can say is that i'm a huge fan of anything he has done thus far and he is right up there with Mikael. My Havayoth "His Creation Reversed" should be here early next week and I can't wait. I applaud this guys works and am very happy he shares his beautiful voice with us all so much. May there be MANY more albums to come.

You won't be dissappointed with the havayoth. The vocals on it may be the best of Vinter's career. It's very good, very atmospheric. I just can't wait to hear a real drummer (and WHAT a drummer!) play with Vintersorg, as the only complaint I've ever had about his music is the tinny drum machine...BTW, the drum programming on His Creation... is the BEST programming I've ever heard (not a suprise from Norman, whose programming on Ancient Wisdom and DSS are amazing as well). No tinny sounds, and they play up the techno-ish and industrial sounds that drum-machines automatically bring. I hope the DVD deal goes through as well....

I don't know why it is but most people on other message boards I read say the Havayoth "His Creation Reversed" is a hard cd to find. I found two places that have it. And yes a DVD would be great.

I just recieved the Havayoth cd. All I can say is that it is truly amazing. Vintersorg can do no wrong, his vocals are awesome. lol I especially like all of their thanks list, short and sweet.

I'm also a fan of everything this guy has done. i first got into him with Otyg. This was over a year ago. Then i got his vintersorg stuff, then i recently checked out havayoth and i love that.
this guy knows what hes doin!

Vintersorg sounds quite a bit like Ozzy when singing. I like Ozzy's voice in the few tracks I've heard, and I like Vintersorg's voice when he's not singing in english, but there are people who says Ozzy can't sing. >P

I like the Otyg stuff best. I've been recommending it to people for the last year or so, and I even wrote an english translation of the lyrics for 'Trollslottet' for all the english people who were asking.

http://www.djingis.m.se/memb/ijar/div/trollslottet.txt

Bear in mind, that the original texts are very hard to understand even for native swedes because of the large number of archaic words, expressions and grammar in them. The translation is only of the content, and there might be errors. Translating the poetic values of the text would either require a very long time or considerable linguistics experience. This one only took 15 minutes.

.I am Protocol.

Once again: Just a translation, not an interpretation. A lot of the sentences would look better if I had applied english grammar style to them, but the correspondences are easier to understand this way.

VILDMARKENS FÖRTROLLANDE STÄMMOR
_____The Wilderness' Enchanting Voices

Utmed brådkalla rämnilars fors och fall
_____Along sudden-cold runnels' streams and gushes
Yrvädrets svepduk i andaktsfull ton
_____The snowstorms' wrapping in devoted tone
Jökelsnöns smältflod silar liv ur iskristall
_____The glaciersnow's melt brook strains life out of icecrystals
Med stormfylld ande i vårfärd mot mon
_____With storm-filled spirit in springjourney towards ?[the moon|the hills|the mountains]
_____Like a [decent|honest|modest] falcon scared into flight
Solen förvandlar nu ytan till ett smyckat lock
_____The sun now transforms the surface into an adorned lid
Snart återstundar den prakt som var förryckt
_____Soon reappears the splendour that was corrupted
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Bäckarnas symfoni
_____The brooks' symphony
Vildmarkens förtrollande stämmor
_____The Wilderness' Enchanting Voices

I naturens alla riken, svävar tonsvall spelmanslikt
_____In nature's all kingdoms, soar abundant tones like those of a fiddler
Ett dämpat brus som stammar ur skymningstidens spel
_____A muffled roar descended from the dusk-age's game
En cykel tusenårig,
_____A thousand-year cycle
en allmakt som ej ännu svikt
_____An omnipotence that has yet to yield
Där kärnsund furskog närs av myråns sel
_____Where wholly healthy firforest is nourished by the fen-river's "sel"**
_____The alluring stream murmuring free
Hör! Vattenorgelns trollmelodi
_____Hear! The water-organ's magic melody
**: This is a wider part of a lake or stream where the water flows slow and calm.