FOREIGNER To Release 'I Want To Know What Love Is - The Ballads'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
earMUSIC will release FOREIGNER's "I Want To Know What Love Is - The Ballads" just in time for Valentine's Day! "The Ballads" are 14 of FOREIGNER's best and most timeless ballads. It will be released on January 31 in two different editions: as a standard jewel case, and as a 2CD special edition-digipak.The special-edition release is a must-have for all the die-hard FOREIGNER fans. Produced by noted FOREIGNER bassist Jeff Pilson in December 2013, the bonus disc contains previously unreleased performances of all the hits and fan favourites, recorded from an acoustic show for the German radio station SWR1 in July 2013.CD 1: "I Want To Know What Love Is - The Ballads"01. I Want To Know What Love Is02. In Pieces03. Waiting For A Girl Like You04. When It Comes To Love05. Feels Like The First Time06. Say You Will07. The Flame Still Burns08. Save Me09. I Can't Give Up10. Fool For You Anyway11. As Long As I Live12. I'll Be Home Tonight13. Double Vision14. Long, Long Way From HomeCD 2 = "An Acoustic Evening with Foreigner" (Special Edition Digipak)01. Double Vision02. Long, Long Way From Home03. Say You Will04. When It Comes To Love05. Waiting For A Girl Like You06. Dirty White Boy07. That's All Right08. Fool For You Anyway09. Feels Like The First Time10. Juke Box Hero11. I Want To Know What Love Is12. Hot BloodedWith ten multi-platinum albums and sixteen Top 30 hits, FOREIGNER is universally hailed as one of the most popular rock acts in the world with a formidable musical arsenal that continues to propel sold-out tours and album sales, now exceeding 75 million. Responsible for some of rock and roll's most enduring anthems, FOREIGNER continues to rock the charts more than thirty years into the game. "Our music has touched a lot of people worldwide," says founder and lead guitarist Mick Jones. "Unwittingly, we've weaved into the fabric of people's lives."At FOREIGNER's core is Jones, the visionary maestro whose stylistic songwriting, indelible guitar hooks and multi-layered talents continue to escalate FOREIGNER's influence, along with lead vocalist Kelly Hansen, bass guitarist Jeff Pilson, drummer Chris Frazier, and multi-instrumentalist Tom Gimbel. In June 2013, Mick Jones was inducted to the Songwriters Hall Of Fame. A multi-talented and multi-dimensional "musician's musician," Jones has also written songs such as "Bad Love" with Eric Clapton and "Dreamer" with Ozzy Osbourne, and produced records for others including BILLY JOEL's "Storm Front" and VAN HALEN's "5150". FOREIGNER had a blockbuster year and a recent surge in popularity due to several of their hits being featured on the "Rock Of Ages" soundtrack, including "I Want To Know What Love Is", "Juke Box Hero" and "Waiting For A Girl Like You" — more songs than any other one band on the soundtrack. Hollywood quickly took note, and several more tracks were featured in hit films "Anchorman 2", "Magic Mike" and "Pitch Perfect", sending FOREIGNER downloads up 400%. The video game industry was soon to follow. The blockbuster release "Grand Theft Auto V" features FOREIGNER's "Dirty White Boy", and "Hot Blooded" is included in the November 2013 release of "BandFuse". The high visibility of FOREIGNER's songs continues to introduce the band's music to a whole future generation of fans.Band photo by Bill Bernstein
foreignerballads2014.jpg

More...