Forever I Burn..brutal new band from PA

purityrecs

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2001
Visit site
:hotjump:
FOREVER I BURN. New band from eastern PA, featuring x-members of XIIIPFP. The new band is an intense/chaotic blend of hardcore and metal. We have one song up on our hxcmp3 page, and the band has their own page. The record is being recorded soon, so look for a better quality track later in the spring. A full length version of the The Tragedy Dialogs will be released late July with all new songs, different remixes and bonus material(live video). The band will be doing several weekend stints leading up to, hopefully a US tour later in the summer. Thanks.
note:There will be some online contests soon for many giveaways of the demo cd.
http://www.purityrecords.com
http://www.hxcmp3.com/purity_records

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::the verdict is::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"a good, healthy mix of a lot of different styles...it works perfectly" - Undevoured
"pretty damn insane..Forever I Burn's musicianship is evident all over the record" - Static Void
"Forever I Burn have something special going" - Hit the Pit
"About a year ago I gave up on hardcore. I didn't have faith in it anymore. It had all been done, and no one was ever going to do it better. Boy was I wrong. Leave it to five kids from Pennsylvania to prove that to me. This CD deserves to be enshrined somewhere, as it should single-handedly save what was once a dying and stagnant genre." - 1340mag.com
"one of the best independent metal/hardcore releases that I've seen in a long time. Very well done" - SandiegoPunk.com
"devastating guitars...music on this CD is very well written, and all of the musicians are without a doubt extremely talented..Pure insanity.." - ?
"This is some pretty damn diverse metalcore with equal parts intense melody, chugging rhythms, and scathing dissonance, to mention but a few facets. There's also relentless screaming vocals, grinding blasts and flat out metal riffs, dual guitar harmonies, a scarce few melodic Swedish death metal runs, etc. But I think these guys have much better writing than most of these bands because they keep things moving with an ample amount of changes that transition well without feeling cluttered, and there are a lot of pretty powerful riffs, plus, while somewhat Converge-esque, the vocals aren't really irritating at all" - Aversion Online
"truly shines above the rest...nothing short of amazing. Fans of Slayer, As I Lay Dying and Converge, you must hear this" - Black Empire Mag
"It is full of time changes and intricate guitar licks, and ultra-screamed vocals." - Impact Press
"Screaming and bellowing through their noise, the quintet stamp their mark on the hardcore scene with a sound that is both brutal and catchy." - Planet Loud
"The music is very heavy, aggressive & powerful Hardcore music....The bands that kept coming to mind were Between the Buried and Me, Hatebreed, Dillinger Escape Plan, Atreyu & Candiria. If your a fan of any of these bands, you will love Forever I Burn!!! - Beowolfproductions.com
"The musicianship and songwriting displayed on this EP definitely ups the bar for this band...and I can't wait to hear the full length version due out on Purity Records."
- siczine.com
----------------------------------------
Forever I Burn "The Tragedy Dialogs"
by Adrian Bromley

This Pennsylvania metal/noise/hardcore hybrid act plays steadfast, heavyset music with a nice punch. Memorable, tight, and full of energy, The Tragedy Dialogs is one of those albums that brings you back for another listen every so often, each time picking up something new you didn't grasped the previous time around. The guitar work really shines here, a fascinating dabbling of technical know-how and creative atmosphere. My only complaint is that the vocals seem buried at times. Perhaps this'll be remedied when Forever I Burn gets this album released on Purity Records (who they just signed to) this summer. Let's hope.
(www.foreveriburn.com)

reviewed by Lollipop Magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forever I Burn - the tragedy dialogs

Forever I Burn are a brutal car wreck of old school hardcore speed with a taste of grind added to make them a most enjoyable listen. Label mates of Locked In A Vacancy, FIB take hardcore up a notch, with technicality, brutal screams that last for minutes it seems and heavy eratic thrashing; any fan of converge or Botch will definitely want to check out this band. Forever I Burn are starting to play out more towards our area of Upstate New York, so keep your eyes peeled for their shows, as they are sure to deliver ten fold without mercy. Check out some of their material on their site.

Review by Dave at NYHardcoreScene.com

------------------------------------
THE REVIEW:

When metalcore meets brutalness and rage we will end up to Forever I Burn. Forever I Burn uses Metal riffs on their music creating dark metalcore. Vocalists voice is kind of a mix of Cradle Of Filth´s frontman Dani Filth and Forever Is Forgotten´s CJ Krueger.

Their sound is quite fast and the guitars are used very well on this EP. Tragedy Dialogs was released on 2003 by independent and it was mixed my Matthew Buckley. Buckley did a great job because the sound is so pure for a self release. This EP contains five tracks plus two bonus tracks so there is seven extremely insane tracks. The banging drums mixed with a talented guitarist that knows how to create smart hooks that just grab you listen to these songs.

Tragedy Dialogs opening song is The Better Part of Valor which is the best song on my opinion. It shows what Forever I Burn is capable. The Better Part of Valor is a good metalcore track that contains great lyrics and the apmosphere that this 7 song album creates is just so cold and brutal. The harsh screaming fits really well on this track like the rest of the album as well. Another shocking song on the album is the fourth track,Another Shining Example. Melody of the song is really cool and the guitars that you can hear over shouts are just stunning.

This brutality drives Forever I Burn to one of my personal favourite metalcore acts out there. This is album is a must buy to fans of Forever Is Forgotten and to all the people who listen to metalcore. This album was one of the top releases on metalcore year 2003!

Review by HardcoreSounds.net

=====================================
FOREVER I BURN
THE TRAGEDY DIALOGS (IMPORT)
Rating: 4.5 / 5

It's always a nice surprise to find a band who gives a fuck. Philadelphia's Forever I Burn are a quintet who's pure integrity drips from every discordant, dirty note on this 5-track mini-album, and their professionalism is conspicuous through some of the most beautifully constructed artwork I've seen on a CD for months. Rising from the ashes of pioneering East Coast noisemongers XIII PFP - a metalcore band with a horn section - this is a more focused and honed affair than anything I've heard from the members previously, and the songwriting is as strong and unerring as you'll find in the American metalcore scene - but it is the passion that creates the moments that set the band apart from their peers. Closer 'Impostor' is five and a half minutes of thunderous dischord laced with fist-in-the-air beatdowns, the likes of which I've not heard before. Think early Poison The Well played by the Dillinger Escape Plan, with a slightly more extreme Jake Converge on vocals, while the Mars Volta scramble onto the mixing desk to turn the whole damn thing to eleven. This is not pretty, but if there was ever a soundtrack to the dictionary definition of catharsis, FIB would sit pretty at the top of the page.

Other highlights are scattered liberally throughout the CD, from some brutal and technically brilliant beatdowns, to more rare old school true-metal breaks, in that triumphant style that has been getting so popular recently (which is all well and good, as long as it doesn't signal the return to prominence of prog fucking rock). But if there is any one thing that should persuade you to get your hands on this CD, it's that it is absolutely fucking HUGE. Caliban's 'Shadow Hearts' and Hatebreed's 'Perseverance' have nothing on the sheer ferociousness of the riffage contained within 'The Tragedy Dialogs.' Sign up here if you feel an overwhelming desire to have your face ripped off. AP Review by Big and Clever Zine
:OMG: