Forgotten Bands

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Which '80s bands which were either left behind and forgotten when the '90s killed metal, or never really did anything which got remembered in the first place do you guys like? Hehe.

Here are some "forgotten" 80s bands I think rock:

• Lizzy Borden
  • Loudness
  • Leatherwolf
  • Slave Raider
  • Nitro
  • Vinnie Vincent Invasion
  • Kick Axe
  • Savatage
  • Kingdom Come
  • Pretty Boy Floyd

Heheh I reckon all those bands like Leatherwolf, Savatage, Accept, Scorpions, Kick Axe etc should've been bigger than they were coz they kinda bridged the gap between hair metal and the more traditional power/heavy metal like Maiden, Priest, Manowar, etc.

And dodgy glam like Pretty Boy Floyd, Nitro and Slave Raider just rocks :D

How about:

Thunder
Extreme
Dangerous Toys
Frehley's Comet
The Scream
Sammy Hagar (solo)
Black Sabbath 1980-95 (never gets any recognition, despite most of it being better than the Ozzy years).
Wendy O Williams/The Plasmatics

And...

UNION!! :headbang:

W

Heheheh great list there duellist, I spot another glam fan... :D

Dunno if Poison are a forgotten band though hehe, they still headline arena tours! Ahhhh I wish I could go see them.. :(

Cinderella and Ratt are 2 of the BEST glam bands ever!
Night Songs... *drool* What an album!

Heheh and I was listening to Vixen just this morning, they rock!

Tarot. The pioneers of Finnish metal. The singer/bassist plays in Nightwish nowadays and if my sources are correct, he quit in Sinergy a while ago.

Are we talking about the same rainbow? The one with Richie Blackmore and Dio or Joe lynn Turner on vocals.

Oh yeah I have thougt of a couple more

Qiot Riot
Cheap Trick
Rose Tattoo
Ram Jam (you know Black Betty)
and of course the Final in my countdown
Europe

It's almost, but not quite, as annoying as Radar Love. I hate that song!

Wasn't Kill Me Ce Soir (from the Holy Smoke single) originally written and recorded by the same band? Golden something or other?

(I would say Shower, but I'm guessing...)

W

OK I am the 80's Queen!

Here is my short list:
Danger Danger,John Waite,Harem Scarem,Skin Tag,Faster Pussycat,Nelson,Kingdon Come,Poison,Def Leppard,Tyketto,Chicago,Bonfire,Styx,Europe,Winger,Dokken,Warrant,Heartland,Lionheart,Journey.TNT,Great White,White Lion,Whitesnake,Stryper,BAng Tango,Toronto,Extreme,Celtic Frost,Enuffz Enuff,Motley Crue,Firehouse,Riott,Ratt,Foriegner, Pretty Boy Floyd,Survivor,Asia,UFO,Girlschool,XTC,Uriah Heap,Britney Fox,Thunder.

Hows that for starters?

JonBonJovi will you marry me???? :lol: That is like my list of favourite bands almost hahahaha!

And yeah there's a few there which I forgot, especially:
DANGER DANGER..... oh my god these guys are GREAT! The debut album is brilliant.

One Step From Paradise, Feels Like Love and Don't Walk Away are 3 of the best ballads I've heard!!!!

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Wasn't Kill Me Ce Soir (from the Holy Smoke single) originally written and recorded by the same band? Golden something or other?

Golden Earring?