Former DANZIG, WARZONE And MURPHY'S LAW Guitarist TODD YOUTH Dies At 47

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Todd "Youth" Schofield (born 1971), the American guitarist best known for his work with WARZONE, MURPHY'S LAW and DANZIG, has died at the age of 47. Schofield's passing was confirmed by his FIREBURN bandmate Israel Joseph I, whom many may remember as the vocalist on the 1993 BAD BRAINS album "Rise". In a post on his personal Facebook page, Israel wrote about his late friend, in part: "There are no words to express how sad I am at the passing of my brother Todd Youth. The music he made will forever be remembered, and I'm so thankful that I was able to work with him and that we created FIREBURN together. "Todd and I were living separate lives doing hardcore and reggae music. We met each other in 1992 and then never spoke again until 2017. We created FIREBURN within two weeks of knowing each other and finished writing two of my favorite hardcore records that I ever worked on: 'Don't Stop The Youth', and 'Shine'. Closed Casket Records signed the band and we were on our way. "We had great shows and lots of people showed up to them. We toured with GBH from England, hung out with the guys from NEGATIVE APPROACH, and got our blessings about our music and our records from the BAD BRAINS. "I know that Todd is now resting in peace and I know that Krishna has taken his soul to a better place. He was a devout Hare Krishna and a devout human being. "Todd, wherever you are, I hope that we will make music again one day. Life is a circle, and I know I'll meet you again in that circle brother. We will meet again. Rest in peace, rest in power, rest my brother." Photo courtesy of "The New York Hardcore Chronicles Film"

On the passing of my friend, and my Brother Todd Youth There are no words to express how sad I am at the passing of my...

Posted by Ras Israel Joseph Makonnen I on Saturday, October 27, 2018

Continue reading...